cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pop up mattress

tonyferguson1
Explorer
Explorer
Where can you find new mattress for pop up camper mine are kind of dirty, moldy or possibly what is best way to clean them
2 REPLIES 2

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thats what we did with our 2008 Starcraft 14 R/T Popup trailer. Got a 3-inch topped from on-line just for the bed we sleep in. Does great except when when the temps inside get below 32 degrees inside the trailer. Then the FOAM gets hard as a rock... Even sleeping on one and not running any heat inside sometime ends up with a silhouette depression in the topper. The foam pillows do the same thing haha...

Of course it is rare to get below freezing inside the POPUP trailer but it has happened on a few occasions...

The 3-inch foam also fits right up flush with the lowered roof when in transport mode. Was never a problem but just wanted to pass that along... You would not want a light to turn on when the roof is down for sure... Especially if your ceiling lights use the very hot incandescent type bulbs...

I also covered the floor of the tent beds ends with those two foot squares stick down carpet pieces... This really helped the tent bed area keeping it warmer. We also use those 2-inch by 30-inch foam strips that come with house window air conditioner kits to go in between the outside flaps and the mattress all around both tent bed ends... This cuts down big time on any cold drafts that might come in under the POPUP canvas ends...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I would look for a foam topper or thin foam mattress on Amazon. Sizing probably won't be exact but get a king and cut down as necessary.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB