cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacement air conditioner

Chewydog
Explorer
Explorer
I want to replace my rooftop air with a mini split cassette like the one in the attached video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDXKuZaMXoY

My plan is to run it on solar and batteries.
Problem is, all the ceiling cassettes that i can find are 220v
I think I could make that work but it would be way easier to find a 110 unit. All the 110 units are wall mound and I have a very small travel trailer with nowhere to mount a wall mount type.
Would it be recommended to run a 220 inverter for ac only? Are there inverter chargers that run split phase 220 and I could pull 110 from that as well?
Any suggestions?
16 REPLIES 16

Chewydog
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m a little confused on what a victron auto transformer does. Does it only turn 120 into split phase 240 or does it also turn 12v into 240. Would I need a inverter to feed the auto transformer? If so it sounds like a lot of efficiency loss.

Thank you

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
In your case, I would use a Victron Autotransformer. You can wire them to step up 120V input to 240V split phase.

If wired inline after the load center and before the disconnect box, it will be used regardless of the power source. It also will have its own secondary breaker. No need to bother with a separate inverter, as long as your primary inverter has sufficient capacity.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s