Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar power for my Popup

jwillis54
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

This past winter I researched solar panels for my popup. I bought the renogy and just recently tested it out in the field.

The panel was easy to hook up (with a little help from friends) and works great. I mostly want to charge up computer and Kindle.

I did not have a 12v outlet in the camper so had one installed.

I have photos on my blog Jane's Journals

You can find more information on the Renogy Panel by clicking on Popup Camper, then Solar

Jane 2014 Flagstaff Mac, 2006 Ford Van E 150
3 REPLIES 3

SirLancelot
Explorer
Explorer
I got a Renogy 100w panel kit off Amazon and it's been working out great. I replaced the interior and porch light bulbs to LED's which helps out a ton. Even with shade it charges the battery fully every day. I installed a 12v outlet inside to charge phones as well. Best $165 I've spent on camping all year.

md2lgyk
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been wondering how well solar would work. My new Coachmen is wired for it (something called "Zamp". Guess I should look into what the panels cost.
"The great object is, that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun." - Patrick Henry

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Jane,

I'm glad to hear it worked out well for you.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.