cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starcraft AR-One and Satellite

Pointman_nh
Explorer
Explorer
I’m looking for feedback on overall quality and performance from anyone who owns/owned a Starcraft AR-One or Satellite models.

I’m going to be looking at one of each soon. Both are used, 17 foot models and only 3 and 4 years old.

I’m aware Jayco bought Starcraft in 2010 and Thor now owns Jayco. I also previously owned a 2007 Jayco Octane TH and was pleased with the overall quality.

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

Pointman_nh
Explorer
Explorer
I spent time at FT McClellan years ago so I’m familiar with Alabama HOT 😉

Thanks Ole Man. Those old trailer were built like tanks and just as heavy.

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
Pointman_nh wrote:
Ok, today I scored a ‘18 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 14RB. Unit is in great condition. Picking it up in a few days.

Will wait for spring for the first trip. Will do some upgrades over the winter.

Winter and early Spring are ideal times to make changes.
I bought a Vintage 75 Fleetwood Prowler last Winter and did a lot of work on it before the weather got Alabama HOT.

You never know when you may need to go to PLAN B or worse. Work a little at a time and be ready early.
Congrats on the Starcraft.

Pointman_nh
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, today I scored a ‘18 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 14RB. Unit is in great condition. Picking it up in a few days.

Will wait for spring for the first trip. Will do some upgrades over the winter.

Pointman_nh
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks jfkmk. I plan on driving cross country with whatever I buy.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We had an AR-One 17 RD for 6 years prior to buying a slightly larger trailer. The 17RD was a great little trailer, and we never had any issues at all. We towed it all over the north east and really enjoyed it.

We traded it in (for a pretty decent price) primarily because it didn’t have a couch. The dinette was not the most comfortable thing to sit in all the time, and there was a little bit of a “pinch point” between the kitchen and bathroom.

Pointman_nh
Explorer
Explorer
I found those 4 pages after posting this. Thanks.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite trailer is a Starcraft 21FB tandem axle.

Starcraft's are kin to a Jayco and they are really nice trailers.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
A search of "Starcraft" reveals 4 pages.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman