Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts/Advice/Opinion Needed

CTEdwards
Explorer
Explorer
New Keystone Bullet TT. Under Warranty.
Three trips out thus far camping. (3-4 day stints)

Hex shower leaking around base pan, outside shower barely dribbles due to severe kink in hose coming off connector, black tank flush kit leaking under covered belly (or a leaking water line in belly), concerns over fiberglass possibly separating on rear of TT.

Brand spanking new camper. This is our third RV. Guess they just don't make em like they used to. Geez.

I refuse to take it to CW for warranty work due to the local ones terrible reviews and ones on the www. Contacted Keystone for authorized dealers for warranty work. Another one of their dealers has just as bad reviews as CW does. I mean BAD. So on to no.3. It turns out to be a used car/trailer/rv dealer. Cannot find any reviews on the svc department. Of course a phone call to them receives a sure..bring it on in..we can work on it.

Here is the dilemma........my wife and I are at a strong disagreement on this. I refuse to go drop it off for a 3-4 month wait and get sorry results. I have a svc tech at a repair shop 10 mins from my house who has always handled our RV work. He does jam up and jelly tight rv svc work. I want to just go drop it off there and pay out of my pocket. At least I know what I will be getting. Course, I can get the caulk gun out and go to caulking the heck out of the shower. Unbolt the belly cover and go to looking for a water leak. I'm just so ticked about issues on a brand new unit.

What am I missing. I can't see straight.
I do have GS ext warranty, but I would be lead to believe I can't possibly use it at my local tech until the one year manufacture warranty is up.
15 REPLIES 15

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Bad dealers, and worthless warranty. Take it and get it fixed right.