cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tire Recommendations for Escape 17b Trailer

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a hardly used 2016 Escape 17b trailer. It has the original trailer tires (205/75/15) so I assume they were built in 2016.

I want to buy new tires for it. One shop recommended Power King but the wife found some bad reviews on them, and they are out.

I don't want anything Chinese. Would prefer U.S. made. Have had a couple of tire failures with Goodyear so am not too high on Goodyear.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
3 REPLIES 3

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you've got room for about 1" more tire Hankook Dynapro AT2 RF11 in 235/75R15 might be an option, 109 load index and T speed rated which is more than you should ever need for a trailer.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Several of the new designed ST tires are performing well, including the GoodYear Endurance. The other two are Provider, and Carlisle HD. All three have a higher speed rating, due to the better design. You don't NEED to tow 80+ mph, but all three are designed to do so. I've run the Provider tires since 2012, with no issue, but time to replace them.

In your size, it will likely be off shore, or made in usa Endurance.

Jerry

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
The longer a company makes trailer tires, the more bad reviews you’ll find. What was the real cause of those reported failures? Road hazard, excessive weight, sun damage, under inflation, age? Posters don’t ever say that. “Chinese” made tires isn’t a synonym for bad quality.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad