cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT to HTT

Stebon
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm curious if anyone has ever gone from a TT to a HTT and want to know your thoughts. Here's my short-version scenario:

After spending lots of years in a large TT with our three kids, we sold it a while back because our kids were at an age where we just didn't have time to use it. Now our two oldest are in college and our youngest, a middle schooler, wants really badly to go camping. And DW and I miss it terribly. The long term plan has always been to get back into it when our youngest goes off to college, with a rig built for two. But that's not for another 6 years. And we're not in the position to spend lots of money on a new rig/storage/insurance, etc.

My suggestion was a used pop up (I grew up in one) but DW says it has to have a potty and place to change clothes. So I started looking at used HTT's that wouldn't break the bank and that I could park in my driveway.

Then I read on here about people who made the switch to TT's and the things they wouldn't miss about their HTT (noise, leaks, maintenance, etc) so it got me thinking there must be people with experience in this area.

Anyone want to share their stories of HTT's or maybe even differences of opinions on them vs. TT's? Not sure if I'm just dreaming at this point, but I've got a serious itch to get back outside among the trees, campfires, and the good people who love nature like I do.

Thanks for all your comments!!
2017 Ford F-150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
2007 Rockwood 8318SS
1 beautiful wife, 3 camping kids, 1 camping shih-tzu
16 REPLIES 16

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Assuming you are keeping the F150, I doubt you need to go HTT to get the size/weight down for the truck.

Up front cost isn't a big difference comparing the two options.

Are you really tight on your storage space at home?

I would go TT and keep it simple.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
Sleeping in my hybrid takes me back to sleeping on the porch during the summer at the cottage in the Thousand Islands.

I full-time in one (for 3 years now- before that in a pop-up)and haven't seen any leak/maintenance issues that would be attributable to the hybrid form.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g