cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viking 17BH bottom drags

qq
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a new Viking 17BH. When I tow my new travel trailer on my driveway, the bottom of rear leveling jack drags on ground (see picture). The skid bar is actually shorter than the jack, that's why jack is touching not the skid bar.

If I remove weight distribution bars, the rear will not touch the ground, but the hitch hits the ground (see picture).

Right now I am using the 5th chain on the weight distribution. I could try using less (4,3,2,or 1 chain) to find the right balance. But I am thinking to install some kind of skid wheel. My questions: where to install the skid wheels? rear bumper, skid bar, or somewhere else? I saw a picture about skid wheels over the skid bar (see picture).

Is it possible that I go to Homedepot and buy one of their caster wheels. But I have no idea how I can mount the wheels to my trailer.

Need help / suggestion for an easy / cheap fix. Thanks!
30 REPLIES 30

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need to add skid wheels. Thanks for your pictures.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad