cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Help, CRAZY mystery, Calling all Plumbers.

areohdee
Explorer
Explorer
1999 Coachman 252 RKS (all OG components)… OK, I have a tough one for you!!! Water Pipe/Pump/Flow related for all you plumbing experts. Up to two days ago EVERYTHING was working PERFECTLY…Water Pressure, the Pump, City Water Hook-Up, Hot Water, ETC…EVERYTHING.

The Problem: I have COLD water & pressure coming out of the COLD side of the sink/valve in the Bathroom Sink and on the Bath Tub…NO Hot Water side PRESSURE?!?! When the HOT side is open, NOTHING comes out?! That is perplexing enough and can be trouble shot for hours alone, BUT, I have NEITHER HOT OR COLD in the Kitchen Sink to top it all off?!?

What I have done so far: Heated all of the lines (just in case, as it has been cold…ALTHOUGH, this does NOT explain the Kitchen sink NOT working ALL TOGETHER (there should still be cold), but I do hear some air from the Kitchen sink, but water never comes…

I have checked for leaks and found NOTHING.

I have reset the pump (although it still sounds fine and pushes the cold to the bath tub & bathroom sink.
I have emptied the Hot Water Heater tank and checked the pressure valve, and have bypassed it (two valve set up).
I have hooked up to city water (hose) and run the tank at the same time which ONLY gives MORE pressure to where the water flows.
I have tried with the hot water heater on AND off.
I have checked the aerators and they are clear.
I have checked the inputs on the pump and hot water heater and they are clear.

I am at a loss, but don’t want to take her in, lol… ANY ideas?
16 REPLIES 16

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
areohdee wrote:
1999 Coachman 252 RKS (all OG components)… OK, I have a tough one for you!!! Water Pipe/Pump/Flow related for all you plumbing experts. Up to two days ago EVERYTHING was working PERFECTLY…Water Pressure, the Pump, City Water Hook-Up, Hot Water, ETC…EVERYTHING.

The Problem: I have COLD water & pressure coming out of the COLD side of the sink/valve in the Bathroom Sink and on the Bath Tub…NO Hot Water side PRESSURE?!?! When the HOT side is open, NOTHING comes out?! That is perplexing enough and can be trouble shot for hours alone, BUT, I have NEITHER HOT OR COLD in the Kitchen Sink to top it all off?!?

What I have done so far: Heated all of the lines (just in case, as it has been cold…ALTHOUGH, this does NOT explain the Kitchen sink NOT working ALL TOGETHER (there should still be cold), but I do hear some air from the Kitchen sink, but water never comes…

I have checked for leaks and found NOTHING.

I have reset the pump (although it still sounds fine and pushes the cold to the bath tub & bathroom sink.
I have emptied the Hot Water Heater tank and checked the pressure valve, and have bypassed it (two valve set up).
I have hooked up to city water (hose) and run the tank at the same time which ONLY gives MORE pressure to where the water flows.
I have tried with the hot water heater on AND off.
I have checked the aerators and they are clear.
I have checked the inputs on the pump and hot water heater and they are clear.

I am at a loss, but don’t want to take her in, lol… ANY ideas?
It has been cold.... Not all piping freezes at the same time. Some just happens to be in a slightly warmer location. My vote is some frozen plumbing.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Loss of pressure at the outlet of the water heater may be a failed check valve. Other mysteries may be better diagnosed if you remove the aerators at the faucets to eliminate those as a cause.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton