cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's needed for sewer hose storage

Lectric80
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everybody, I'm looking at the modifications people have made, and I'm wondering what's required for sewer hose storage?

By this I mean my trailer has a storage but it curves immediately and I cannot put a hose in it if it has connectors. My thought was to use a piece of pvc pipe on the rear to store my new Rhinoflex 15' hose, rough measurement seemed to be 4.5", but that doesn't seem to jive with most rv's having 4" rear bumpers and that would be a 5"pipe. So, what size pvc pipe is needed to store such a hose? Is there a better way, as in cheaper?

There is no bumper on the rear, just two 1/2" square tubes sticking out. Eventually I plan to add a small rack to this, but I can adjust as needed when I'm ready for that.

Thank you in advance for any advice, as the trailer needs to be brought home this week and that means draining the tanks, which means the hose isn't going back inside the trailer.
16 REPLIES 16

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 5 gallon bucket.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

albert18
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, when it comes to sewer hose storage, there are a few options you can consider. One solution is to use a piece of PVC pipe attached to the rear of your trailer. Based on your measurements, a 4.5" PVC pipe should work for storing your new Rhinoflex 15' hose. While most RVs have 4" rear bumpers, using a slightly larger PVC pipe should accommodate the hose with connectors.

If you don't have a bumper on the rear and only have 1/2" square tubes, you can still attach the PVC pipe to those tubes or explore other mounting options. Keep in mind that adding a small rack in the future may require some adjustments, but you can address that when you're ready.

As for cost-effective alternatives, you could also consider using hose storage solutions specifically designed for RVs, such as collapsible hose carriers or storage bags. These options might provide convenience and ease of use while keeping your sewer hose secure.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Safe travels and enjoy your camping adventures!