cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What the normal expected discount off MSRP?

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
So what *should* be considered the general discounted price off MSRP?

Is 30% normal, 35% good & 40% great?

(see the super-awesome reason I'm in the market for a new TT HERE.)
17 REPLIES 17

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I disagree, 2oldman. Similar to car dealers, RV dealers make money on financing. I suggest driving your best deal and then paying cash.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Get competing offers from more than one dealer. After you get dealer 1 โ€œ lowest numberโ€, go to dealer 2 and let him know you already have an offer. And repeat as much as you want.

Been years since we bought ours and I donโ€™t remember the exact numbers, but the following is fairly close. Went to dealer 1 who had the model/floorplan we wanted and he said $40,000. Supposed MSRP was something like $53,000. Problem was the frame was badly rusted even though new. He offered to sandblast and repaint.
Went to dealer 2 who had the exact same 5er in all ways. He said $44,000. I said sorry, already got an offer for same rig for $40,000. He said Ohh, my mistake. My price is $38,000. Plus he threw in some extras. We were wanting to buy so we went for that price. Probably could have worked it a little lower.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Cash is king. Always remember, they're a lot better at this game than you are.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman