cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which roof is better?

Cajun_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
Was recently posting on the TC blog about switching out of my fiver to a TC, but with the help of those on that blog, I decided that a more fitting camper for me would be a TT. Now, just curious, is there a consensus regarding what type of roof is better and more resistant to UV and leaks, i.e. fiberglass, rubber, aluminum? The fact is that my next camper, just like my present one, will never be covered so I'm looking to see what peeps think will be the best able to handle the elements under my circumstances?
45 REPLIES 45

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Cajun Bill wrote:
Was recently posting on the TC blog about switching out of my fiver to a TC, but with the help of those on that blog, I decided that a more fitting camper for me would be a TT. Now, just curious, is there a consensus regarding what type of roof is better and more resistant to UV and leaks, i.e. fiberglass, rubber, aluminum? The fact is that my next camper, just like my present one, will never be covered so I'm looking to see what peeps think will be the best able to handle the elements under my circumstances?

I'm new to Rving and I have a 21 ft. TT. It has a rubber roof. I think it's stupid and just waiting to fail.

But, for some reason....the majority of RVs have them. ???