cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
There is some good information in this thread that is lost. Many projects deserve their own threads so that they can be seen. This thread is like the whole forum in one thread. But if people are offended I requested it be closed, ok, I'll play along...

I looked at a picture of my Lance 825 on the computer today, while researching the Arctic Fox 811 and the Lance 855S, and weighing the pros/cons of each.
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

clinthia
Explorer
Explorer
ticki2 I sent you a PM.
2007.5 Dodge 3500 4X4 Crewcab with 6.7 Cummins
2004 EC950 w/ slideout
2 Costco 6 volts
Yamaha EF1000IS
Kyocera solar panel
GO POWER 300 watt 12 volt PSW inverter
TorkLift tiedowns with Fastguns
Timbrens
Homemade bumpstops
The Schnauzers Madeline & Genevieve

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
clinthia wrote:
Replaced the hose of the 12volt compressor.
Old

New

Where did you get the replacement hose , and did it have the same fittings ?
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

clinthia
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the hose of the 12volt compressor.
Old

New
2007.5 Dodge 3500 4X4 Crewcab with 6.7 Cummins
2004 EC950 w/ slideout
2 Costco 6 volts
Yamaha EF1000IS
Kyocera solar panel
GO POWER 300 watt 12 volt PSW inverter
TorkLift tiedowns with Fastguns
Timbrens
Homemade bumpstops
The Schnauzers Madeline & Genevieve

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
Wow Grodyman must have a burr in his hide. If you don't like this thread just don't read it.

Skipro3,

Keep on posting these are good ideas and I like them if Grodyman doesn't like it he can just ignore the thread but to post something like this is not his business and I think majority of the people on here like it.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

iwon415
Explorer
Explorer
I for one like this thread as it gives me ideas for projects. Reminds me of routine maintenance that other people have remembered to do. Reminds us of everyday uses for our truck campers.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Repaired my aftermarket hand rail. There's a little button you can push so the rail would fold flat against the camper. Pretty important if you have a trailer and the door is on the side, but for a rear-door camper, not so important. My button broke off so I drilled it out and ran a nut/bolt through it to hold it solid.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried alot of variants on the baffle idea a while back, and ended up with it still blowing out or not cooling properly. In the end, the only sound solution I could reach was upping the charging circuit wiring and running the fridge off an inverter going down the road.

Fridge stays ice cold now, no baffles needed, and no need to worry about remembering to extinguish and open flame before fueling up :p.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
ggadwa wrote:
skipro3
Now that Filter is on fine IDEA.....Now you'll have me looking for a Filter to install....because it sure just might solve those on the road loss of flame for the Frig issues.

GARY

Well Gary, if I hadn't retired last month, I probably could have rounded up a few and sent you one. I'll ask the guys if they can set one aside for me. I don't know how long that might take though...

I'll tell you what WON'T work though;
I tried to use a filter cloth over the whole vent cover. I lined the inside of the pop-out cover with the vent filter cloth. However, it blocked too much air and the fridge would not chill down very well. So remember; when trying to baffle the air in order to keep the pilot from blowing out, don't restrict the air too much or there won't be enough air circulation for the chilling action to take place.
(hope that makes sense)

Jerry

ggadwa
Explorer
Explorer
skipro3
Now that Filter is on fine IDEA.....Now you'll have me looking for a Filter to install....because it sure just might solve those on the road loss of flame for the Frig issues.

GARY
HAM RADIO Operator since 1964 'W7FSI'
EAGLE CAP 2011 950 CUSTOM BUILT by the great folks at LaGrande Oregon
2012 FORD 350 XLT 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Super Cab with lots of stuff

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip. I remember needing to do that with my fire extinguisher in my work truck. Once a month; check the inspection date and give it a shake. I'll do the same with the bear spray too!

Today I installed a screen filter for my fridge access panel. I run my fridge on propane while on the road, and it would get blown out. This filter cuts down on the wind but still allows a good amount of air flow. The filter was thrown away at work. I cleaned it and put it back into service.

jtlingo123
Explorer
Explorer
Skipro3,
Hey make sure you shake the can up every once in a while if it sits for a long time. If you don't when you finally go to use it, it wont spray worth a dam!

Just a little FYI as a former Detention Officer.;)
Josh Lingo
Snoqualmie,WA.:B

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Last night I mounted a bear spray bottle to the camper. I camp in Grizzly country and I can grab this when I step outside. Also, I think this stuff would put down anyone bothering me. "I warned you to turn down that damn rap music!!" Ha!

It's mounts so it rests on the top of the shade and with velcro.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Since I did those projects, I've done a couple other things that I've also taken photos of.

Yesterday;
I replaced my lights inside and the yellow outside light bulbs with LED lights.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Here's photos of the hand bar I installed. I bought this off Camping World when I read a post here on RV.net how well constructed they are and also inexpensive. The bar installed easily but size it up to your door when the door is shut, otherwise you might make the bar too long and the door won't close.