cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
333 REPLIES 333

richardyood
Explorer III
Explorer III

Enjoy the life 😊

Dovou
Explorer
Explorer

Hi we have had a RV for about 10 years but always kept it parked on our land. We lived in it while building our forever home in  the Blue Hills of Northern WI. We recently bought a brand new one so that we can start traveling and enjoying life. Our children are grown and gone and we are anxious for the next chapter of our life and meeting new friends!

Herb
Explorer III
Explorer III

I probably am the odd man out here, I ride a vintage 1995 Honda CB750 Nighthawk. I have never personally wanted a Harley, and the inline four Hondas are pretty much reliable as a stone.

Herb

2018 Mallard M185 towed behind a 2020 Ford Ranger XLT.

Hi Herb, I'm  Mike.  I started in 1976 with a Honda 550, in 1978 I went with a Kawasaki 650. Long story short in 1987 I rode my brother's FXRT.  In 1988 I bought a leftover 1986 Aspencade. Then I saw a 1976 Kawasaki 9oo and bought it too. My brother wanted a BMW  so I bought his FXRT ans found I liked all 3 for different reasons.  I crashed the Goldwing, sold the Kawasaki and rode the FXRT till it needed work but $ was tight. Parked for 13 years I'm having it fixed and it's for sale at 6k. Only 1250 made but we want some travel $ to fund us with our 20' travel trailer behind my 2016 Explorer.  You are not an odd man out. Be safe, stay well brother. 

Sorry guys, double posted, thought the first one got dumped.

Thank you, Herb.

2018 Heartland Mallard M185 towed behind a 2020 Ford Ranger

Hi Mike, I started riding in 1972 at the age of 12 on a Honda Trail 70, by 1974 when we moved back to AL I got my motorcycle permit and was riding a 550 Suzuki to school every day. Rode pretty much all the time until I joined the Navy in 1984. My ex bought a Nighthawk 550 in 1991 while I was on patrol, surprised me with it when I got home. I rode until 1995 and sold the Nighthawk. Didn't sit on a seat again until I bought the 750 on December 24, 2023. I love the bluetooth helmet microphone and speakers. Praying that you sell the FXRT for top dollar, and enjoy your travel money. A guy I have been helping with an electrical project just got his Honda Valkyrie shipped down here from NJ. I think the best bike on the street you can buy new is the Triumph Rocket Triple. I love to ride, wish it was safer. Anyway, I am heading out on a cruise in March with a Navy buddy. First cruise since 2012. Looking forward to it. I did 12 patrols on boomers (balistic missile submarines) for our rich Uncle Sam, but cruising on Royal Caribbean is just way different. Thank you for the well wishes, maybe one day we can meet up somewhere.

Thank you, Herb.

2018 Heartland Mallard M185 towed behind a 2020 Ford Ranger. 

Airbus321Driver
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

My name is Chris. I live in Central Florida. I just purchased my second camper after 15 years with a Jayco 1206 Pop-Up. Our family of 8 (6 kids) outgrew it and we just purchased a Rockwood 233S.

Mostly here to identify large family friend camping as it is a challenge to camp with 6 as a lot of campgrounds will not accommodate us.

jrsfarm
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Sam , Im Don and have a 44' fleetwood coach , I live In lower michigan , we are heading to Glacier Mountian in june the north way following Hwy 2 from The Mackinaw bridge to Montana then to Mt Rushmore and home  Thank u for ur Invite to this site 

Wanderingharry
Explorer
Explorer

Goodmorning,  after spending over 15 rs on a sailboat. I bought a house in mid fl. After 2 yrs. I decided to sell the house and do the toy hauler full time. I am avid motorcyclist. And want to travel America. Especially the west. Currently in mid Florida. Hoping to mostly boondock mostly. 

What do you ride? I don't ride much anymore but still have my 1983 FXRT, also called a Sport Glide. It's one of 1250 made. It's for sale for $6k. Need travel cash. 

Dez2019
Explorer
Explorer

Good morning all, I just signed up here and we look forward to all the Great conversations

Chuck & Angela

Welcome aboard.

What's your rig & are you a full timer? Just curious as to the split between full & part timers on the site. We're part timers 😊

Part timer in a 2019 Renegade VeraCruz towing a Jeep Gladiator

That's a nice rig. Enjoy the adventures.

Cheers 

kathinwyoming
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Good Sam Community,  I'm Kathy and am newly retired with my partner Darrell (he doesn't text or email). We were business owner's (vehicle repair) for 50 years and getting ready to take our first long trip (more than a weekend) in our new travel trailer. 

We're from beautiful rural lakeside Wyoming and having a hard time leaving but have planned a trip to the ocean...Port Aransas, TX.  not many ocean views from Wyoming so should be great.  

Looking forward to joining different topic's and getting a taste of RV'ing.