cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
299 REPLIES 299

Texas is a lovely, large place and a place where part of my heart shall always be.  I lived in New Braunfels Texas from 2006 to 2018 with my late wife and until 2021 by myself; our youngest son lived in New Braunfels and Canyon Lake until purchasing his ranch in Martindale; and then lived in Martindale and owned businesses in New Braunfels, Canyon Lake, San Marcos, San Antonio and numerous places in Wisconsin until his passing in 2021.  While my heart, mind and memories shall always be in both Texas and Wisconsin and I consider myself to be a Wisconsin-Texan missing Texas, so many things and all my friends and loved ones there; home shall always be Wisconsin because I was born, raised and spent most of my life there, and most of my family is there and lays to rest there.  Lives situations and events have taken me (at least for the time) to Lees Summit MO, but I long for Texas and Wisconsin, getting back to the motorhome world will help me see both, in addition to getting back to seeing so many other places again.

Greetings Padredw, It worked, I want to return to the Henry's Lake area and do some FLY fishing. My wife and myself travel with our two dogs, Coco (female) is a **bleep**-zu / Maltize mix & Teddy (male) is a Yorky-Doodle. We are plesently supprised how well they travel with us. I believe in the spring we are going to go th San Diego many things to see there and we have some friends there. I don't check my e-mail offten enough, so today I am catching up. Be well my friend and travel safe, Blessings to you and your family. 🙂 🙏

• D&S3Ed.jpgD&S3Ed.jpg

HI, that is a great photo, I can't seem to understand how to upload a photo yet. First I need to get my photos from my phone into my computer, then I believe I can upload a photo. 

Did you all have a good Thanksgiving? We had my folks over for dinner and I cooked the turkey on the Traeger Smoker Grill .... Yes it was tasty.

Have a blessed day my friend! 😀

Testing reply

Still testing reply -- this is profdant139.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

It worked -- I think I am logged in.  Now to find all the old forums.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Yo, Profdant139, it works. 

profdant139 you have to search for something you know was in the particular forum--for example "solar".

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

WisTexan
Explorer III
Explorer III

Originally from Wisconsin, my late wife and I have been part of RVing since approximately 1977 when we purchased our first Jayco pop-up camper; eventually going to our first 32-foot 2005 Hurricane class A motorhome with no slides in 2005 in New Mexico; upgrading to a 38-foot 2006 Damon Challenger class A with 3 slides in 2006 in Texas.  I sold it two years after my wife passed away because it just wasn't the same and didn't feel right without her.  But now I have decided to come back with a 42-foot 2008 Monaco Camelot class A motorhome in Missouri.  We have seen so much of our wonderful United States of America, and other places of the world, and lived in several places, but my heart and mind will always be in Wisconsin and Texas and home will always be Wisconsin where I was born, raised and lived the majority of my life, and where most of my family is and lays to rest.

Itried61
Explorer
Explorer

Welp, Coming from the now defunct RVnet, signing in to see how the new page will be.  Notification said old ID and password would work but it didn't so starting over.  Will have to spend some time exploring to see how it pans out.  Good Day!

Hi, We are here in Idaho. Where are you from. We have recently purchased a 25 foot Motorhome and have been able to take 3 trips before getting it ready for winter storage. We are new to Good Sams and this type of form. 

Safe travels and many blessing to you all. 😁

JudL
Explorer
Explorer

This is my first RV. It’s tough, but it’s pretty cool being able to up and move at any time.

Welcome to the RV world; my late wife and I started with our sons somewhere around 1977 with a pop-up RV and then moved up to our first class A motorhome in 2005 with no slides, upgrading to our second class A motorhome with three slides and six feet longer in 2006; I sold it two years after she passed because it just didn't feel right without her; but I am stepping back into it with another class A motorhome now.

Hello WisTexan, great to see you have found your passion for traveling the open road and seeing America again. My wife and i have recently purchased a class c motorhome we have three trips completed. Currently putting the motorhome into storage for the winter. We are hoping to get back on the road early spring. Wife wants to see San Diego Zoo and srounding area. Have you been there?

Safe Travels my friend. 🙂