cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ATV's in BC

MikeJinCO
Explorer
Explorer
Planning on some time in BC later this summer. Can someone tell me the rules for taking our ATV's there. This is from US.
5 REPLIES 5

luckyd
Explorer
Explorer
Just to let you know.....you must be 16 years old
to ride on forest service roads. You also require
a driver's licence.

You can walk your quad across the road but not ride on it
as forest service roads are public roads and not designated
as strictly off road.

Powder_pig
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to our local insurance/licensing office and they said you must:
1. Have proof of registration of the ATV but you don't have to have a plate on it.
2. Proof of third party liability insurance for a minimum of $200,000. This makes you legal on forest service roads but NOT on public roads/highways.

Enjoy your visit.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Gary's link is bang on.
I own a Side X Side ( UTV) and last year my Cuz from Oregon came up to go riding with us. All they needed was to insure they had their registration papers from the State of Oregon with them.
Read the info in the link (s) as I have read the enter link since last spring things could have changed. But it was no big deal.
Lots of places you cam ride up here but there are a lot of places you can't, so make sure you know before you unload.
Most towns and villages have ATV clubs that you can find links to and or contact info on the internet. It wouldn't hurt to look those guys up when you want to go for a ride. Lot of guys around here I k ow will go out with people from out of town to show them around if they are available.
Have fun, there are a lot of great rides up here.
Soup
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
This should get you the info you require.

http://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/specialty-vehicles/Pages/Off-road-vehicles.aspx

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Powder_pig
Explorer
Explorer
ATV owners in BC are required to have a license plate on the unit, meaning it has been registered, and to have liability insurance for the unit. I don't know if this applies to people holidaying from other places.

I will drop in to our licensing outlet today to see if I can get more detailed info. for you.