cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Border closure for land travel extended.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
To at least December 21st.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7470456/canada-us-border-closure-extended/

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
14 REPLIES 14

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Canada there is a growing number of covid deniers and anti maskers that is fueling the virus. Along with ignoring government protocols, they are also marching in large protests. As a result of these uneducated ( except for Facebook) the government is implementing targeted lockdowns. Seems to be the same story all over the world.
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

EEWally
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna,

Those numbers tell me again that the best use of the vaccines is in the US itself. This is where the biggest payoff will be.
1997 Lance Squire 5000, 10-foot camper
2001 Dodge Ram, Cummins, Ext. Cab, 2WD
Our Trip Journal

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Fisherman bad is subjective. Here are some numbers.

Total cases per million souls in USA 36,539
Total cases per million souls in Cdn 8,338

Total deaths per million in USA 780
Total deaths per million in Cdn 297

Unfortunately Canada seems to be doing its level best to catch up to USA.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
All of my US reservations have been cancelled. And Canada is on my list of places to again visit, most likely BC initially.

Stop by in Penticton....say hello...

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
All of my US reservations have been cancelled. And Canada is on my list of places to again visit, most likely BC initially.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it's getting bad here too. Unfortunately the lemmings of society can't wrap their heads around 6 feet and a mask. Students in large close quartered groups, no masks. Schools are slowly being closed again, go to the mall, same thing although they won't let you in without masks. I think it's going to explode in the next few weeks. Stock up on food and gas and hibernate.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
We really enjoy visiting Canada and the people and thank all of you for your wonderful country! If I was a Canadian I wouldn't even consider going to the US with the present situation.

You might reconsider going to Canada.

'A catastrophic situation': COVID-19 threatens to overwhelm Canada's health system

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I guess a bunch of folks from Quebec are flying south and then shipping their RV's. Cost is $1600.00
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
We really enjoy visiting Canada and the people and thank all of you for your wonderful country! If I was a Canadian I wouldn't even consider going to the US with the present situation.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Crowe wrote:
My assumption is the ban will stay in place until the vaccine is widely distributed.

My bet is shortly after the political situation officially changes...but they may claim it's the vaccine even when it's only distributed to 2% of the population...so they can claim it's not political.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is the safe move for our neighbors to the north.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:
Crowe wrote:
My assumption is the ban will stay in place until the vaccine is widely distributed.

Same here.

... Eric

Ditto.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Crowe wrote:

Same here.

... Eric

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]