cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian Campground Pics

Robag
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking the other day, that we don't have a picture gallery on campgrounds that are located in Canada only. So here we go. Maybe there will be enough interest that one of the moderators will make this a sticky.

Our Starcraft PUP in the group campsite at Douglas Provincial Park Saskatchewan

Another shot of our gang at Douglas

Our HTT at Moose Mountain Provincial Park in Saskatchewan

Our HTT at Duck Mountain Provincial Park in Saskatchewan

Another of Duck Mountain
Me(68), DW(70), DS(96), DS(98), Savage The Dog (04)
21 WOLF PUP 16FQBL
193 REPLIES 193

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
TRAIL??!!
:B
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

driveby
Explorer
Explorer
I just want to see a Newfie, Texan and Californian in a room debating accents 😉 Who needs TV?

Dude, y'alls got funny speakin' accent you do 😉

And just so I don't completely hijack the thread here are some recent pics

Fintry Provincial Park BC

waterfall that we hiked to (short one)

Trail to said waterfall

2008 Itasca Sunova 35J Class A
1997 TJ Sahara, hard and soft tops and AC
Held together via Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar and stopped by US Gear Unified Brake system.

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Now, now Frank, I gots ta get ya ta comes to Newfoundland, one o' the outports, me son.

& Iffen, ya understand they's speakin', den we gots to git ye to hang out @ a Buddywaisname & the Odder Fellers concert

Or,

The Trinity Pageant.

Or any other historical theatre.

I really felt great at one conference when I sat at dinner with Nova Scotians I had know 'when' and Buddy was the dinner 'entertainment'. Well, would you believe, I was translating. YEHAA!!!

& MisterD: harbour, flavour, centre, programme, catalogue, dinner is synonym for large lunch.

😛
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
When I worked in Texas long ago, I went to a restaurant that specialized in sea foods. I ordered some shrimp and also asked how they fixed them. I was asked if I "wanted bald shrimp?" I looked at my wife and she being a great cook, I expected that I just wasn't familiar with that kind of cooking. The blank stare I got back told me I was wrong. I asked the waitress again about the shrimp and again I was told that had bald shrimp. I asked how they fix them and I then figured out what she was saying. She told me that they take a large pot a "balling" water and then throw the shrimp in until they are "bald" completely thru. After I got done laughing, I order my fresh dinner of "bald shrimp". Canadians have nothing on us as far as needing a translater! :B
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

mister_d
Explorer
Explorer
Little Kopit wrote:
sirdrakejr wrote:
mister d,
If you can pronounce "Eh", then you have all the translation you'll need. :B
Frank

Heck, our lingo, vocabulary, etc. is much more like yours than in England, Scotland, Wales, New Zealand, Australia......

Granted in the late 60s I went to visit some people in mountain cove territory in North Carolina. We were early at the meeting place. The neighbors had seen us pass and came over to check on us. It took me a 1/2 hour or more to begin to understand the words they were saying. So, y'all can do pretty well, yourselves.

😉

LOL, I was just kidding around. I live 20mins from Canada, hang with Canadian friends, and never noticed a difference besides the "eh" and words like "a boot" (about). One of these days I'm going to teach my buddies how to spell color right without the "u" :B
Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
sirdrakejr wrote:
mister d,
Frank

Heck, our lingo, vocabulary, etc. is much more like yours than in England, Scotland, Wales, New Zealand, Australia......

Granted in the late 60s I went to visit some people in mountain cove territory in North Carolina. We were early at the meeting place. The neighbors had seen us pass and came over to check on us. It took me a 1/2 hour or more to begin to understand the words they were saying. So, y'all can do pretty well, yourselves.

😉
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
mister d,
Frank

outbackpacker
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, not a campground pic of Canada, but one of Lake Cameron in BC, near where we camped.

Handheld 3 exposure HDR, Canon 30D

This one of the Prince Of Whales hotel in Waterton National Park

2008 Tundra DC Limited 4x4 5.7L 4.30 gears "towing rocket"--Paid for!
Motor Trend's 2008 Truck of the Year
2009 Outback 310BHS Equal-i-zer, Prodigy, 9000lbs, 35ft

mister_d
Explorer
Explorer
jdubh2 wrote:
Canada looks so nice, if only the spoke English there and not Canaden I might visit more often.

I've been looking for a English to Canadian dictionary for our upcoming trip without luck. Great looking pix everyone - I'm realllly looking forward to our trip over there and these pix are holding me over until then(:
Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

outbackpacker
Explorer
Explorer
Canada looks so nice, if only the spoke English there and not Canaden I might visit more often.
2008 Tundra DC Limited 4x4 5.7L 4.30 gears "towing rocket"--Paid for!
Motor Trend's 2008 Truck of the Year
2009 Outback 310BHS Equal-i-zer, Prodigy, 9000lbs, 35ft

rick_niagara
Explorer
Explorer
Inverhuron Provincial Park

2008 Fleetwood Prowler 235RLS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x2 5.9L Diesel 3.73Limited slip 6speed manual
Pullin' 5ers since 1988....Have a nice day:W

ElizabethAnn
Explorer
Explorer
The first weekend out with the tent trailer (only three weekends ago)

Flaborou Valley Resort

ElizabethAnn
Explorer
Explorer
May 24 weekend, 2008

And this is how small out site was.

1kennyOG
Explorer
Explorer
Bronte Provincial Park - lots of grass and good privacy.

1kennyOG
Explorer
Explorer
Tobermorry Ontario / Georgian Bay