cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Celestino Gasca

jtomich4
Explorer
Explorer
Any post Hurricane Manuel news? Is the road to the RV parks passable? Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15

clarlk
Explorer
Explorer
Best rates per night is in Celestino ??

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Both are good, I will be back there in a week or two.

cheez4
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all
we are in Villa Celeste now. The road is passable from the north, we haven't tried the south entry way.

update: went south way and is in good shape as well.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Yep I got it, thanks.

Heard from Chris at the other end, he says the road will be graded after day of the dead.

cheez4
Explorer
Explorer
i sent a PM Tequila...hope you got it

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm is Noe goign to be there this year, the last couple of years he has been working in Canada. It is certainly the park I prefer myself.

Can you PM me his email?

cheez4
Explorer
Explorer
I got an email from Noe at Villa Celeste on Oct. 9th with this seasons rates. There was no mention of the road conditions currently. Last March they were still working on the water line, but the road was quite passable from the north in our TT.

Noe did mention they had some improvements and had installed a much better WIFI system.

"THE RVS SPOT ARE READY WITH HI SPEED WIFI INTERNET(CITY INTERNET NOW WE HAVE SPEED NO MORE SATELLITAL INTERNET) NOW YOU CAN HAVE SKYPE ,YOU TUBE OR VONAGE WITH GOOD SPEED."

If i get more info from them i will post.

Villa Celeste is one of our favorite parks and will stop there on our way south in January and our way north in the spring..

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I got in from the north in March 2013 to villa celestino, no problem and from the south to Chris place in Jan..

jtomich4
Explorer
Explorer
In July 2013, we entered from the north in a high ground clearance vehicle, but I could have made it in my old short wheel base Safari Trek. Looked like only Tortuga was open, so we stayed there, just north of that mean ass Nazi surf camp.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a road report from late 2012. Sounds like you can get in but only from the south. Remember that not everyone is in a vehicle with high ground clearance and the North Entrance has never been great.

Moisheh

"Road from KM 75 ( through Rosendo Neblas Km 75 )to Celestino RV Resort has been graded.
City of La Cruz did not grade from KM 78 ( Celestino Entrance ) as the other three parks would not pay the small fee to clean the roads"

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
It was OK last year north & south. I used both. There was a one way stretch from the south as they were laying water mains or something like that.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I do not think they repaired the road after last year's storm never mind this year. I remember reading that you had come in from the south end.

Moisheh

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe somebody passing through there can check things out. I think I have Chris's email, I will contact him.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
OR is it OK to boondock overnight in the dirt parking lot just North of the RV Parks where the road thu town comes out at the beach/cliff? I believe it is parking for the sports field / soccer field.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA