cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dr Campo at Baja PerioLaser, anyone have experience?

love4god
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are in Los Algodones getting dental work done. Need LANAP procedure done and we got a referral in the U.S. (over 4k!). There are a couple of places in Algodones that advertise it but with some digging and questioning it does not seem like they're legitimately doing LANAP procedure.

However, there is a certified LANAP Periodontist in Tijuana, Dr. Alejandro Martin del Campo at Baja Perio Laser. I was wondering if anyone on the boards has had any experience with him?

Or, if anyone has had LANAP legitimately done in Algondes somewhere?
10 REPLIES 10

threa
Explorer
Explorer
Hello there. I'm just wondering how's your LANAP treatment went? I'm also planning to see the same doctor for an apoointment as I have a severe perio problem. Would help me alot knowing how your experience went with this doctor. Thanks in advance.

threa
Explorer
Explorer
Hello there. I'm just wondering how's your LANAP treatment went? I'm also planning to see the same doctor for an apoointment as I have a severe perio problem. Would help me alot knowing how your experience went with this doctor. Thanks in advance.

love4god wrote:
I called and verified with U.S. Periolase manufacturer and Dr. Alejandro is a certified and trained practitioner of the LANAP surgery. I called his office and we have an appt for the initial evaluation. His price is half of what U.S. practioners charge and if you know what LANAP costs, that's pretty good.

My wife is a little freaked out about going to Tijuana. Los Algodones is very calm and safe and Tijuana's reputation the last few years isn't so hot. However, the office is 3 miles from the border right near Teniente Guerrero Park. A pretty nice part of the city and not far from the freeway. I've also read things have calmed down a lot in Tijuana, that the Cartels have some sort of "truce" right now and the open violence has subsided. It will be the middle of the day also. Right across the border, right to the doctor's office, then right home.

Has anyone been to Tijuana recently, how did it seem? We used to go all the time when we lived in Orange County but that was over 10 years ago, a different time.

threa
Explorer
Explorer

love4god wrote:
I called and verified with U.S. Periolase manufacturer and Dr. Alejandro is a certified and trained practitioner of the LANAP surgery. I called his office and we have an appt for the initial evaluation. His price is half of what U.S. practioners charge and if you know what LANAP costs, that's pretty good.

My wife is a little freaked out about going to Tijuana. Los Algodones is very calm and safe and Tijuana's reputation the last few years isn't so hot. However, the office is 3 miles from the border right near Teniente Guerrero Park. A pretty nice part of the city and not far from the freeway. I've also read things have calmed down a lot in Tijuana, that the Cartels have some sort of "truce" right now and the open violence has subsided. It will be the middle of the day also. Right across the border, right to the doctor's office, then right home.

Has anyone been to Tijuana recently, how did it seem? We used to go all the time when we lived in Orange County but that was over 10 years ago, a different time.

rbtsta
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, it was becoming so depressing how much of an overpriced ripoff and painfully out dated much of the Dental Care has become in New Jersey. Anyhow, I love to travel and after reading up and reading this http://www.dentistat.com/ReaderDigestArticle.pdf it does seem much of the Dental care in the USA is all disturbingly the same. Please note, the article above mentions the possibility of USA Dental Schools not affected, but I have recently experienced the same kind of disturbingly bad care at one of New Jerseys Dental Schools, where I was pushed to their post graduate program where they can charge and make money off of the brave volunteer patients for their students to train and experiment on, and where I experienced many of the same kind of disturbingly bad experiences in which the article above has mentioned. Anyway, over the years I have met lots of folks that have had many bad experiences, health problems and nightmares with their Dental care in the USA, and mostly the opposite when meeting travelers that have had their Dental care done in other countries.
Thanks and safe travel everyone.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Here is one dental clinic in Algodones that posts their prices online . . . http://sanidentalgroup.com/price-list/ . . . there are others. I had them do deep cleaning and laser cleaning but not LANAP - yet. I am not recommending - nor do I have anything bad to say about them - just one of many there. Others also post prices. You can call to ask all about it. I would search online to see if anyone else posts anywhere about getting LANAP in Algodones. The town is full of dentists.

rbtsta
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I'm from NJ too, and was wondering if anyone knows what the cost was for LANAP in Mexico and their results. My medicaid insurance covers LANAP, but I can't seem to find a Periodontist in my Medicaid network that performs the LANAP procedure.
So, I'm looking to find a LANAP Periodontist in Mexico I can afford.
Also, if anyone knows of a LANAP Periodontist in New Jersey which accepts Obamacare Medicaid Insurance, could you please share.

love4god
Explorer
Explorer

love4god
Explorer
Explorer
I've found a good periodontist. We have been going to Alamo and they've been great. We've been treated by their dentists, periodontist, and an oral surgeon they brought in for a couple difficult extractions.

However, they do not do the LANAP procedure. There are 2 places in Algodones that say they do it (Sani and Algodones LaserDental) but neither of them seem like they are doing legitimate LANAP procedures with the FDA approved PerioLase machine. I stopped by them both and after some questions it seems to me that they're doing laser cleanings and calling them LANAP.

There is only 1 guy in Mexico who is certified, the doctor Campo I mentioned above. I was wondering if anyone had specifically used him. I have a call in to see what his prices are for the procedure before making the trip back to Tijuana. I can't seem to find any real reviews for them, especially for this particular procedure.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
I would do a Google search for Periodontist Algodones to try to find reviews from those who have been. We found our dentist south of Deming that way. In our experience even in the states it is hard to find a periodontist - let alone a good one. In CO I had to drive 80 miles from north of Denver to south of Denver. Our Mexico dentist in Palomas could arrange for a periodontist to come but on an appointment only basis and only once every few weeks. We are now in the Guadalajara area where there are lots of healthcare professionals - we no longer do much of anything along the border areas.

Talleyho69
Good luck, good homework. We have excellent doctors, dentists, periodontists, all in Mexico. You can save loads of money and have great work, but do beware, just like at home.