cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Florida to Alaska - June 2017 - anyone else?

YodaRules
Explorer
Explorer
Plan to leave north Florida around June 1st for Alaska with no time restriction and crossing the border around Sweet Grass, MT. Want to do lots of boondocking and enjoy the adventure without being rushed. Had a couple other female RVers tagging along and as time marched on both dropped out.

Wondering if anyone is on this same plan and wouldn't mind company at times on the route.

Thanks,

Patsy
North Central Florida
No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try! --Yoda

2003 Dynamax Carri Go
Rock hunting, propspecting, star grazing, photography are a few of my favorite things.
5 REPLIES 5

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Sounds awesome.
Leave today! .....so you can make the most of the summer up north.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

YodaRules
Explorer
Explorer
PghBob wrote:
Yoda, check out the posts on Roll Call Alaska 2017. You can get some idea of who's traveling north this summer.

Thanks... found it and posted there also although it appears most have already started out.

Patsy
No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try! --Yoda

2003 Dynamax Carri Go
Rock hunting, propspecting, star grazing, photography are a few of my favorite things.

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
Yoda, check out the posts on Roll Call Alaska 2017. You can get some idea of who's traveling north this summer.

taviking22
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving for AK on May 21. Third trip. Can't wait!
taviking22
Omaha, NE

'06 2500HD Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ, Firestone air bags
2008 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
2012 Jayco Pinnacle 31RLTS

MWJones
Explorer
Explorer
Did the trip in 2015. Boondocked 95% of the time and 90% of that was at Wal Mart's. I think Canada has more Wal Mart's than the US.
There are lot's of paved "pullouts" on the ALCAN highway that was made and used for construction equiptment parking during the paveing of the highway. They fillup most nights. Good for safty.
Enjoy your adventure !!!!
M Jones
American and Texan by birth
Christian by the Grace of God
Retired and enjoying Traveling and Camping
Spending part of summers in South Fork, Co