cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junction City, KS to Cassville, MO

Don_and_Eileen
Explorer
Explorer
We're heading from Junction City, KS to Roaring River State Park, Cassville, MO tomorrow (with trepidation given Thursday's weather forecast.)
One of the possible routes on our map programs suggests:
US 77 to US 400/State Highway 96 to US 71/MO 171 to MO 76.
Thoughts?
Thanks.
Don and Eileen
3 REPLIES 3

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take 71 to 44, head east to 39, south to 60, west to 37 into Cassville. While the other routes are good, they are curvy and narrow. The route above will be on interstate or state highways that are wider and have shoulders.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
Take 86 highway off of hwy 59 to Cassville. There is one steep hill as you go into the park but otherwise the roads are fine.
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'

Emptypockets
Explorer
Explorer
The only part of the suggested route I would change is if it were me 171 is four lane south out of Carthage MO - then pickup hwy 86 on the east side of Neosho & take it to Cassville. I have never came into Roaring River from the north so can't help you from Cassville on in. We have family that farm just off of 86 & it is a two lane road that is okay no switch backs or big hills. To me 76 is more hilly & back tracks some.
The Palmers