cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kino Bay

Selkie
Explorer
Explorer
Friends and I are considering a trip to Kino Bay this October. Drove through there once years ago. We both have trailers-mine is 21 feet and friend's is 31 feet. We are looking for an alternative to Rocky Point, and want to check out the west coast of Mexico. We are old veterans of Baja travel. We want to spend about 2 weeks on the beach, and I have heard of the Islandia RV Park. Does anyone know about this place?Friend wants reservations, but I'm not sure it would be necessary. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
Rocmoc, are you sure this is Kunkaak and not a beach restaurant?

Yes, it is the clubhouse. Laundry is in the rear & office is in the left center.

rocmoc n AZ/Fld/Baja
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
Yep, that is the main building(office) at Kunkaak. Have stayed there with Rocmoc and his DW.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
Kino Park and Kunkaak are next to one another, as I understand. Neither one is on the beach (this is not necessarily a bad thing), so I wonder whether that nice photo on the Kun homepage is the actual Kun park, or a restaurant on the beach across the road 😉

About small spaces - camps with electricity tend to pack campers very tight. How big are spaces in Kino park or Kunkaak, 20*40ft, 60*80?

Kino RV Park is nearly USA standards but almost always half empty so lots of room between sites. Gravel but clean! Kunkaak is more funky! Sites have a little more room than Islandia but there is only one row most of the time so it is clear in front and rear of your ring. Wifi is normally GOOD! Washer & dyer is clean & easy. Beach, American Club and good food is all walking distance. All photos are Kunkask except the fishing. Off the main road behind Kino RV so is almost always quiet. Had no trouble getting a 53' rig in either park where Islandia was much more difficult.

rocmoc n AZ/FLd/Baja

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kino Park and Kunkaak are next to one another, as I understand. Neither one is on the beach (this is not necessarily a bad thing), so I wonder whether that nice photo on the Kun homepage is the actual Kun park, or a restaurant on the beach across the road 😉

About small spaces - camps with electricity tend to pack campers very tight. How big are spaces in Kino park or Kunkaak, 20*40ft, 60*80?

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Islandia. Nice park but not our favorite in Kino. The sites are tight, packed and noisy (IMHO). You do get the local flavor but easy drive from the other parks. We have also stayed at Kino Bay RV Park which in IMHO better. BUT our favorite we return to is Kunkaak RV Park, http://www.kunkaak.com/ .

rocmoc n AZ/Fld/Baja

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think Moisheh is the only one here who winters in Kino regularly - not in Islandia though. From what I've learned so far, this area is not like Baja. Change of scenery, why not.

satman2
Explorer
Explorer
The park is a little rustic but the location is great close to town and right on the beach .... We always stayed at La Playa it is 5 star but I am not sure if they are still in the RV business.
For the real scoop try and contact Moishe who hangs out here I believe he is a regular their..
AL