cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaving Stone Island, Mazatlan, need advice ASAP

Big_C
Explorer
Explorer
A few of us are packing up and leaving as soon as we can. Sandra is now going to hit landfall here in Mazatlan as best we can tell. The amount of rainfall predicted has more than doubled since this morning. The storm is still a Cat 2, we are leaving. Best to be safe. We need you input at to where to head. Is there a Pemex on the toll road to Tepic that would be good to stay at. Or how about a good toll booth to stop at? Or how about the road to Durango, just to the first toll both or Pemex. Need to know some for sure places, not just "I think there might be". Thanks in advance.

Low tide and the ocean is still coming up to the wall, huge waves.
the 5C's
Big C & Mamma C
2 little c's (weiner dogs)
2001,39' RoseAir (Rexhall) DP with 2 slides
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
contessajewall,com
16 REPLIES 16

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Maz durango highway is probably not a good idea, it has lots of washouts on in last Month and I suspect this storm will make it worse. Maybe south is best. You certinly do not want to be in Stone island. Las Jaibas may be better its off the beach with hotels between.

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
Big C, get out on the free road and head south, I'm thinking that would be the best direction to get away from the hurricane and its effects. Probably drive past Esquinapa, it may be affected. There is a Pemex farther south, just before the Rio Grande de Santiago, on old Hwy 15. Or maybe think about heading towards Tepeic, on higher ground much farther. There is an RV Park there, that's been noted on this Site, recently.