Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lukeville/Sonoyta Tourist Card

Gringorio
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,

I read in the sticky note that there is a migracion office about 7 miles east of Sonoyta on Mex. Hwy 2. Can I get my tourist card there and is there a bank to pay for it?

Also, I am headed to Baja California and am planning on taking Mex. Hwy 3 from near Rocky Point to get over to Mex. Hwy 5 to head south past San Felipe and Gonzaga. Is there a migacion office and bank going that direction? Maybe in Rocky Point?

I'm trying to avoid going in through Mexicali since I remember it as being busy and having a hard time finding parking to get the tourist card.

Thank you for your help and any info you can share!

Gringorio
4 REPLIES 4

Gringorio
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone - I appreciate you help! I'll check in when I get back...

Gringorio

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from Santa Ana or Caborca direction towards Sonoyta, you can stop at Km 227. Park on the gravel shoulder and walk across the highway. Look for the office labeled Inmigracion (near the west end of the building--the right end as you cross towards it)

We were there last week, in and out in 10 minutes.

Turtle-Toad
Explorer
Explorer
At Lukeville, you can park in the big lot on the US side and walk across to get your FMM. No parking hassle at all. Camp at either Organ Pipe Cactus NM, Why, or Ajo overnight (or longer if you want to explore the NM), and get a early start the next day.

Unless you want to go to Rocky Point AND Gonzaga there is no reason to go all the way down to Rocky Point just to get to Hwy 5. Just cross at either Lukeville, Yuma, or Tecate and take Hwy 2 to Hwy 5. Better roads, faster, and doesn't go through Mexicali.
Turtle & Toad, On the Road
37' Georgetown XL w/3 slides, 1 1/2 bath, & 595 watts of solar power
06 Taco TRD (for "Off the Road")
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here
Only States/Provinces that I have spent at least a week in are shown

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
There is one right at the border at Lukeville and a bank across the road.
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map