cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Morelia Visit

fugawibill
Explorer
Explorer
I plan to spend 4 days in Morelia next week. The closest RV parks are in Patzcuaro and Cuitzeo, but like Most Mexicans I'm a night owl, so would like to stay in the city. I'm in a camper van, so height might be a problem. Any suggestions out there? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Many year ago we parked at that convention centre with an 11 ft. truck camper. Very secure.

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Right Peripatetic Pull. We stayed at the convention center. The parking area is actually a city park that has controlled security, entering and leaving. We were at a convention there. We parked in the parking area and then went directly to the offices and spoke to the director. He said there was no problem. During my nap the first day, I heard noise outside, only to find a maintenance man wiring up a lamp post with an outlet so we could have electric. Really nice people. We stayed a week.

On edit, having a camper van, I would talk to the guards first. You might get lucky. If not, I have a friend who lives in Morelia who wouldn't mind a few nights in his driveway.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
With the size of your rig, you should be able to work a deal with most any hotel.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Peripatetic_Pul
Explorer
Explorer
Check with "qtla9111" seems to me they stayed at an Expo-type Hotel for a conference and were able to get electricity. There's also a huge, several blocks/streets long/wide mercado - I want to say "Independencia" but don't have my map right now - that you could probably just park on the street.

Enjoy!