cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nogales Crossing

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Disclaimer: This is my experience. Yours could be different!

We crossed yesterday at Nogales. No, They did not take all my meat. Nor did they shove a rectal thermometer into our Kitty. No checking of any permits. The Aduanero entered our MH and asked if he could take a look. 20 seconds later he exited and wished us a good voyage. He did ask if Maggie( the kitty) was dangerous ! What is with Mexicans. They will pet a Pitbull who is frothing at the mouth but are afraid of cats. Took just over half an hour to get our FMM. Only one person ahead of us but only one Banjercito employee on duty. I have mentioned in previous posts that there is an office at the border to help with problems. I noticed that this office still exists in Nogales. I would call it Border Services. They look after the Banjercito as well as Sat and Aduana. If one of the fellows who issues TIP's has a problem with your paperwork he will send you to this office. Often this is because he found an irregularity and does not know what to do, I watched 2 Europeans go that office and in 15 minutes they were on their way.

If you are crossing @ Nogales be aware that the entire road to Santa Ana is inder construction. They are building a super concrete road!! We saw 4 extremely modern machines that lay 2 lanes of concrete at once!! Amazing. Don't even think of driving this road at night! Allow lots of time to get to your destination. The Gasolinaza is still in effect and we only paid the first toll. Donations at the next 2!

The Temp in Hermosillo was 104!!!!! A slow but good trip.

Moisheh
4 REPLIES 4

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I think the crossing is open 24 hours but probably 6 or 7 am for km21.

Jarvis1
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know what time KM21 opens for permits??
2002 Monaco Diplomat 40'

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I almost forgot: Watch out for the Topes. The signs are mostly gone and there is lots of dirt and sand on the road. Real easy to miss one!

Moisheh

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
nogales has a lot of advantages. I had one problem last year when they would not allow my ATV because it had permanent plates (none expiring). A visit to the aduana fixed that. I wa smart enough to copy his permission slip before handing it over to banjercito.