cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pinery Halloween Weekend II

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Left Windsor last Sunday for a week at the Pinery.......and the Halloween Weekend. Weather was warm,sun was shining...... by the time we passed thru Watford the weather had turned, the skies grew dark and we were met by that white stuff.....lots of white stuff. By the time we got within a few miles of the park, we noted large tree limbs all over that were on the ground. Got to the park, computers were jut getting back up..... and the snow had started again. 4 inches of white stuff on the ground, damaged trees thru out the park. All week the sounds of chain saws could be heard as tree trimming companies were brought in to remove damaged branches etc still dangling from tree tops. As you walked thru the park, you could tell campers had left on the saturday nite in a hurry..... from things that were left behind.
Mother nature was not to kind to us during the week, although she did make a nice showing on Thursday n Friday. Saturday started with rain,but cleared in time for the Halloween event. Lots of decorated sites. 6 oclock came,and things were going well....till about 7:30, when the skies opened up and it poured, and imean poured! So, made for a short but fun night for all.
On a seperate note.... i was a good guy, and a not so good guy between Friday and Saturday. On Friday morning,the wife n i were walking thru Area 1 on the way back to 4. There is a group of campers we saw last year there, who put up these large tarps.... so i said, lets go down their road and see their site. As we approached their site a German Shephard came running towards us. My wife got behind me, the owner called him back, and said to us, he's ok, he's friendy. I told the gentleman that he is supposed to be on a leash, some people including my self, are weary of dogs. He again said,he's ok...... he's friendly. I said to him "you know that, iknow that, but he might not"..... so i kept walking,the nice gentleman said to me...... have a great weekend,i replied to him.... same to you....than he called me an A..hole! I took his site number down, and walked away.
On Saturday, during the rain...., i noticed a couple of gentleman down the road standing in thepouring rain making breakfast. I went to my site, gotout a tarp, and went back and offered it to them. They said they had a shelter, and were going to putitup. Later that day, he stopped at my site, asked me if i was the one who offered the tarp, shook my hand and said thanks again.... so i was am ass one day, a good guy the next!
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite
1 REPLY 1

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ love the pinery. all types of people there. glad you are making the most of it. hope the damage isn't too bad
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....