cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rancho la Mesa in Patzcuaro

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
We'd like to head up to Patzcuaro and stay at Rancho la Mesa. We've found it to be the best option for a rig our size, plus we really like it up there on the hill. Does anyone know if they're still open? Their webpage doesn't load and we don't have an email to contact them. Any info would be appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The trains are going or coming from - to Lazaro Cardenas when they come through. Hauling iron ore in and varilla and plate steel from SICARTSA Las Truchas steel mill. Usually late at night so they can time the arrival at the mill right at dawn so they don't block the coastal road from Lazaro to Playa Azul. Got to chat one day with a conductor when they were shuffling cars. The engines do sound their horn at every X'ing, so don't be surprised at El Pozo to hear the blare of a horn around 11:00 PM or so.

I grew old and I cannot dash across the street in front of Villas Patzcuaro any more. Some of those cars are doing better than 110 km on that street. For me El Pozo is safer. Also I can stay at a hotel in downtown Patzcuaro for less money than for the rate Villa Patzcuaro charges now. How sad.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
We also were in El Pozo when it was freezing. Luckily for us, there were only two other RVs in the park. We were able to run an extension cord to a nearby hookup so we could run an electric heater along with the furnace. We were in the Toyhauler then which are not know for there cold weather ability. We enjoyed El Pozo and would return. The little van/taxi is easy to catch out front and is very inexpensive. Don't remember any trains. VERY very easy to get in & out with your rig.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Villa Patzcuaro is a cute place. The power is not shakey it is almost non existant. We were there once when it was darn cold. Did not use an electric heater as there were 5 rigs and I think they are all on one circuit. Some snarly Canadians came in and immediately one tried to run his electric heat. Voltage dropped to 90. He would not turn it off and stated he paid for electric and was going to use it. I unplugged my camper! El Pozo installed 15 amp breakers at each box. Great idea!

Moisheh

Talleyho69
Villa Patzcuaro is nice, small, small rigs, shaky power, and the wifi is basically only usable at the pool consistently. We like El Pozo for our dogs, and find that the collectivo ride is maybe 5 minutes longer into town-and you get trains to see!!! And it's inexpensive.

tahoenow
Explorer
Explorer
Of all the places in Mexico that we have been, Patzcuaro was the one place inland that we felt we could call home. Kind of like San Miguel before it was discovered. El Pozo was great for us with a frisbee addicted dog but there is the drive to town. I hear the Villa Pรกtzcuaro Rv Park is nice.
Kevin

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
We have two solid reports that Rancho la Mesa is open for business.

almalibre
Explorer
Explorer
How did this work out? We love this place.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I'll call today.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Here is all the old info I have on Rancho la Mesa. Maybe one of these is the cell phone of the owner - he has another restaurant in town.....

434-342-4240

800-715-7336

434-342-0804

rancholamesa@mexcon.net

rancholamesa@prodigy.net.mx

most recent 434-342-0145

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Chris,

If you do get through could you let us know as I am sure you can communicate much better than we can on the phone.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Here's the phone number I found (+52-434) 345-0145, I called early this morning so maybe the office wasn't open yet.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

briansue
Explorer
Explorer

Talleyho69
Just trying to help.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
We are very familiar with Patzcuaro and all the RV parks. We much prefer Rancho for the spectacular view. But they no longer seem to have a website so we are wondering if anyone has been there recently and knows if it is open.