cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recreational Border Crossing

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Gov has just halted entry into Canada for recreational purposes. This could affect your summer plans for vacation in Canada. Also you will not be able to travel through Canada to get to Alaska if the prohibition lasts any length of time. Good Luck.
20 REPLIES 20

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Why do people have to cross border travel for vacation during this time is beyond me. Stay in your own country is not such a bad thing to have to endure for how long, maybe one season. Get over it.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Closing the Canada/US border to "non-essential travel" might be the single most damaging act that we share. Has anyone seen a definition of what's non-essential? Our economies are so intertwined at so many levels that are not necessarily obviously commercial in nature, that it will probably create a lot of short term pain that might take a long time to reverse. It will breed a lot of future uncertainty for things like travel and recreation in both directions, north or south. Some of those effects might be semi-permanent or worse.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Same thing both ways. We have a seasonal camp in upstate NY that we donโ€™t know when we will be able to get back to. Unfortunately closing the border is hopefully a short term must!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I suspect the Stampede won't be happening this year.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
yes, i saw that. i feel for those who depend on tourism. CG owners and such.
we had thought about going to the Calgary stampede. Those on the Alaska highway also. The RV caravan companies also.
Everyone in some way will be affected by this.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A reasonable decision by our neighbors to the north.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad