cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Redwoods to Yosemite

toytacoma8
Explorer
Explorer
The second leg of our upcoming trip is from Jedediah Smith State park in the redwoods to an RV park just west of Yosemite. Google shows going back up through Medford OR and then down I5 through Sacramento and turning east near Stockton onto Hyw 4.

Shows only a few minutes longer taking 101 through San Fran.

Theres also a number of routes that could be used east of Sacramento.

Any suggestions on which is the most enjoyable, scenic, less traffic?

Will be towing a 30ft travel trailer with a diesel.

Thanks
Andy
6 REPLIES 6

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth wrote:
Google has obviously never driven in SF traffic pulling a trailer!

Thats a BIG 10-4:)

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
In Williams, try the sandwiches at Granzella's, too -- really good.

X2, Great sandwiches, Italian food and full deli.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
In Williams, try the sandwiches at Granzella's, too -- really good.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
toytacoma8 wrote:
The second leg of our upcoming trip is from Jedediah Smith State park in the redwoods to an RV park just west of Yosemite. Google shows going back up through Medford OR and then down I5 through Sacramento and turning east near Stockton onto Hyw 4.

Thanks
Andy

From Jedidiah Smith SP, take 101 south down to Hwy. 20. Head east on Hwy. 20 through Clear Lake then on to I-5 at Maxwell. Go south on I-5 to Hwy. 4 then go east. 101 through San Franciso would be a nightmare for me towing a trailer:( Can it be done? Probably but not a route I would ever consider when towing:( Be sure you already have reservations at Yosemite !!!! You might want to consider picking an RV park near a town near Yosemite. and arrange to take one of their shuttle tour buses/

What Dick said except 20 at I-5 will drop you off in Williams. If you are around meal time, I highly recommend Louie Cairos, the so called jewel of the valley. Be sure to order the "Louie bread."
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google has obviously never driven in SF traffic pulling a trailer!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
toytacoma8 wrote:

Thanks
Andy

From Jedidiah Smith SP, take 101 south down to Hwy. 20. Head east on Hwy. 20 through Clear Lake then on to I-5 at Maxwell. Go south on I-5 to Hwy. 4 then go east. 101 through San Franciso would be a nightmare for me towing a trailer:( Can it be done? Probably but not a route I would ever consider when towing:( Be sure you already have reservations at Yosemite !!!! You might want to consider picking an RV park near a town near Yosemite. and arrange to take one of their shuttle tour buses/