Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sayulita rv camping spots

satman2
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if any members of this great forum could help me find a nice park in the Sayulita or Puerto Vallarta area ....

muchas gracias
14 REPLIES 14

satman2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update Moisheh ......... When we lost our prime spot 4 years ago you could kinda see the handwriting on the wall .....

Playabound
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information, Moisheh. Looks like we will go via Santa Ana. We drove the back road from Kino to San Carlos and know what you mean by potholes. They were craters!

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately the part of the road from the Kino/HMO highway to Libertad is horrible. More pot holes than road. There is a a detour around a washed out piece of the road that has been there for at least 15 years. It rained this year and the detour is quite bad. Passable in a 4x4 but not in any RV. From Libertad the coastal highway is very scenic. Last time we took The trip to PP went to Santa Anna and then to Caborca. More miles but safe!

Moisheh

Playabound
Explorer
Explorer
I think we might be that one unit in La Playa! Our first time here (we are noobies) and what a gorgeous place. It reminds us of Santorini! Unfortunately, it looks like they want to phase out RVs and expand the hotel.
Does any know if the careterra costera from Kno Bay to Puerto Penasco is open, and if so, would it be navigable by a Class A with toad?
Thanks

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I think there is one unit in La Playa ! The owner will probably tear down the structures and build Condos. What a shame.

Moisheh

satman2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update Moisheh, we enjoyed our stay at LaPlaya for many years but as they say all good things must come to an end.
Sat

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Satman": We are in Q for awhile. Kino is quiet. Not many RV'rs and too cold for most Mexicans. The Feds State and HMO are investing 3 million dollars in infrastructure. They are also building a Handicap access beach. There is one other in Mexico. BUT: Vamos a Ver!. The new Governess has no cash. The departing Governor "lost" it somewhere. We like the peace and quiet. The noise starts on the weekend when they celebrate Benito Juarez Day. Then it is Semana Santa followed by Junior week.

Moisheh

satman2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody for your help .... How are things in Kino these days Moisheh ??

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
The other problem I had while surfing in Sayulita was aggressive behavior by some of the local kids -- which is typical in the US, not so much in Mexico.

If you stay in Sayulita, I would recommend a visit to the Costa Azul resort, not too far away. They have a good restaurant right on the beach -- great food, excellent pina coladas with fresh coconut.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Lou_Morris
Explorer
Explorer
Sayulita Trailer Park. It's open, still run by Thies & Christina. Go to http://www.pacificbungalow.com/2787/index.html. Usually pretty full but email them, they'll try to fit you in. Be patient though, they are not always the quickest to reply. It's a park that caters to surfers & long term types, but also travelers passing through. Right in front of the left break, which is breaking big right now. If you are a surfer or just like hanging out on the sand it's great. But careful out in the water if you don't know what you are doing, can be a strong rip tide sometimes, suck you right out.
'07 Winne View
Jetta TDI

Talleyho69
You can't beat PV for a week. Yes, big city, but the Wednesday night Art and Cocktail walk, the Monday morning tour of the art of the malecon and inland, both free, and fabulous. Cheeky Monkey, the whole tourist thing. Yes, tiresome, but every couple of years, at least for us, a must! We are about due, but not this year, we'll have a puppy. And, we don't tow, so we bus everywhere.

iguana07
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are in Lo De Marcos, still sites available close to everything. Has small town feel my opinion better than staying in the big cities. There is a park in Sayalita but to me if you can fit your squeezed in.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Unless something has changed there is only one RV park in Sayulita. It has an area for larger units that is usually full. The other part of the park is OK for truck campers or maybe a smaller class C. I am not even sure if that park is open.

Moisheh

Talleyho69
Gotta love Puerto Vallarta Trailer Park, right in town by the Y. Beautiful grounds, secure, and very central.