Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seattle to Banff Campsites, advice?

nohurrynoworry
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all

We are 6 months into RV'ing and it's been a great experience so far. Our rig is a '93 Winnabago Brave, in good mechanical condition with a 4K Onan generator. We are planning some extended trips this year, one to Banff/Lake Louise sometime after Labor Day to try avoiding peak season. We leave from the Seattle area, plan on taking 97 N from Wannachee to Canada 3 then east on 3 to 93 N to Banff (from what I have read Canada highway 1, while scenic, has heavy traffic and not recommended). We are not in a hurry, plan on giving ourselves at least three or four days to get to the Banff area. We are open to Boondocking although so far have been doing hookups. Looking for recommendations on campsites on the way, hikes, not to miss attractions, and once in the Banff/Lake Louise area, camping recommendations. I know some folks recommend avoiding Banff altogether as there are beautiful parks that are less trafficked, so this could even be an option. We will have bicycles but no toad. Thanks for your input!
15 REPLIES 15

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a great trip! I hope you have your campsite reservations for around Banff and Jasper as it is filling up fast due to the free park passes this year because of the anniversary.
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!