cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIP problems

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
On the "On the Road in Mexico" Facebook page there have been people turned away from Nogales km21 in one ton trucks although one said they had to go back to the border to Aduenda to get certified as passenger not commercial. On the same vein, at least 3 people who got their TIP on line have had them cancelled after they were originally approved, one had his money refunded and two were still waiting.
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
2017 Open Range Roamer 316RLS
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"
23 REPLIES 23

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
My post was about some strange fear people have about stopping at the border and doing their paperwork. There was no bashing in my post.

The U.S. does a good job of scrutinizing border crossers and I think we should follow suit. I think it's a shame that we don't.

My post wasn't meant to ruffle feathers.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
So in other words, I ask about a problem crossing the border that not only affects me, but will also affect many other Americans and Canadians and it turns onto a political bash of the US by someone who has often displayed his disdain for the US and is encouraged by a moderator.
PS at least 63 % of Americans despise trump, and I am well to the forefront of those who do. I suppose you will ban me now, so Adios.
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki

Talleyho69
I absolutely agree that Mexico needs to do at least as much as the US does for "foreigners" entering their country. Everyone must be protected.

If that means checking everyone's vehicle permit and tourist permit and searching the vehicles, that's great. The US puts non US citizens through at least as much.

We all should be "protected."

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Last time we went to the U.S., in March to West Texas, we crossed back in at Laredo.

The Aduana said they were required to check every vehicle that crossed into Mexico. I think it is only logical that foreign vehicles coming into Mexico be inspected for permits, drugs, merchandise, and foods that are prohibited.

They took our permanent import papers (pedimento) and ran them through their system.

If it's good enough for the U.S. to do it why wouldn't any other country? It's not like we don't have enough troubles as it is.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't say that they were stopped at km 21, they said that they were notified that the TIP had been cancelled. Other people said they had been denied TIPs at km 21. I will be crossing at Lukeville on the 25th pulling my 5th wheel so I will be finding out if they are stopping 3/4 and 1 ton pickups at San Emiterio. If I am denied there, I'll continue on to San Carlos and will try Empalmy. If I get denied there, I may go back to Tucson and try at the Mexican Consulate. Still haven't heard of any one who was denied pulling an RV or a slide in camper. Worse comes to worse, we'll spend the winter in San Carlos.
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki

Talleyho69
OK, I'm puzzled. If you get your TIP on line, you don't have to stop at KM 21.

So, what's going on with people stopping there and having their "TIP" cancelled? Are they stopping to make sure that all is well?

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Strange. Nogales has always been trouble free regarding one tons
Maybe new President,new rules.
Moisheh

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
That sucks!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good to know.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad