cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TN 60 from Cleveland to SR 30 to Fall Creek Falls State Park

DAR9567
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to Fall Creek Falls State Park in Tennessee from Georgia and are trying to avoid Chattanooga. TN 60 from Cleveland to Dayton and then SR 30 from Dayton to 284 is the only option I can find. We are driving a 31 foot Class A without a toad. Any thoughts or comments on this route are appreciated. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
DAR9567 wrote:
Thank you both for the replies. They are very appreciated. The comments about 30 are enough to exclude it and the comments about 111 tell me that is the route we will be taking.

I prefer TN-153 from I-75 to US-27 over I-24. Traffic moves fairly well north bound thru the I-75/ I-24 split, it does not going west on I-24.
TN-153 from I-75 to the dam is 6 lane interstate like highway. North of the river it is mostly 6 lane, but not divided & with 13 lights in 6 miles. Once on US-27 it’s a straight shot to TN-284. Then just 2 turns to the park.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

DAR9567
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you both for the replies. They are very appreciated. The comments about 30 are enough to exclude it and the comments about 111 tell me that is the route we will be taking.
Again, though, thanks for the replies, and if you ever want advice about the back roads in both of Michigan's peninsulas let me know. Those are old stomping grounds.

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
You may be more comfortable running 60 over to Dayton and down US27 to Corridor J/111 across the mountain to Dunlap and straight on up to Fall Creek Falls.

I used to run Corridor J in order to get into Hixon and then back home. Much faster than I24 and a fairly decent road.

For roads I'm unfamiliar with, I like to open up Google maps and drop the little "dude" onto the road and "drive" it to get a better look at the roads and intersections.

If you are accustomed to driving the roads around Ellijay, then you should have no problem with Corridor J/111. It's like US 76 west of Ellijay

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
I’d say TN-30 is a lot like GA-52, narrow and crooked. That said it looks better than it did last time we were up there. I think TDOT rebuilt the roadbed going west up from Pikeville. The road in from the south is more RV friendly, wider lane and wide shoulders.
The other issue is if you take the short way thru the park to the campground, you come in the back of the campground. You would then have to turn around at or past the campground check in. May not be a big deal, but…
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD