cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing from Lake George to Troy NY

JJnVA
Explorer
Explorer
Would appreciate any input on towing 40 ft. Fifth wheel from Lake George to Troy NY on Rt. 4. Looks scenic. Road conditions, etc??? Want to stay off I87 if at all possible.
Will be heading to Bennington VT if there is another suggested route. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
We just went up out of Troy to Bennington, and back down, a couple of weeks ago. Route 7 out of Troy, from the Hudson River bridge for about three miles was deadly slow and backed up due to traffic volume and poorly timed lights and left-turners. Once you got past the congestion, though, it was easy going all the way to VT. On Rt 7 out of Troy, stay away from the right edge of the roadway, we hit every damn storm drain for about 2 miles. In Hoosick, say HI to my friends at Hoosick Tire, and the folks at the Big Moose Country Deli and Souvenir Shoppe...

The Gory Details
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
JJnVA wrote:
Would appreciate any input on towing 40 ft. Fifth wheel from Lake George to Troy NY on Rt. 4. Looks scenic. Road conditions, etc??? Want to stay off I87 if at all possible.
Will be heading to Bennington VT if there is another suggested route. Thanks.

Just left Lake George at the end of July taking route 4 heading back to New Hampshire. Roughly 1/2 hour out of lake George there is a truck detour. Make sure you take it. They are working on a bridge down the road. Going to Lake George I did not take it and I thought I was going to take of my wheel fenders that's how tight it was going over the bridge. Taking detour added a extra 1/2 to my trip home. It was a Real country road. Route 4 is scenic. Good Luck