cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Treasure Coast RV to Key largo

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
Have not been south of Daytona in many years.
Heading to Key Largo soon. Stopping at Treasure Coast RV park .
Best route from there to Key Largo?
All suggestions welcome. Class A Towing car. Thanks
2016 Newmar BayStar Sport Ford F53 chassis down sized from :2001 Newmar MountainAire 350Cummins ISC,Spartan, 2015 GMC Terrain
4 REPLIES 4

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
2016 Newmar BayStar Sport Ford F53 chassis down sized from :2001 Newmar MountainAire 350Cummins ISC,Spartan, 2015 GMC Terrain

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
When I'm heading north from Ft Lauderdale, or heading back to Ft. Lauderdale area from up north, I normally use the Jupiter exit on the pike to switch from the tpk to 95 or the other way around.(Did that make sense?:B)

95 through West Palm can be 4,5,6 lanes of "crazy" and stressful (so many on and off ramps). A section of the tpk is only 2 lanes and can be a problem, if there is an accident. That being said I prefer the tpk.

Since you're staying at Treasure Coast, it looks like the easiest thing for you to do (aside from the cost) is to get on the tpk. at the Ft Pierce exit. Take that all the way down the pike, to the Tpk. extension which will drop you off in Fl City on Route 1, right at the start of the keys.

Regardless of how you get there, I suggest you get a Sun Pass for the tolls. The tolls along the extension, among other sections of the tpk, don't have toll takers, and the they will bill you by plate through the mail , which could be a hassle, besides being more expensive.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use I-95 to exit 41 (Sawgrass Express) to the Fla Turnpike (toll) which in Miami becomes the Ronald Reagan Turnpike to Homestead and then US 1. Many will tell you to get on the turnpike at Jupiter, but I-95 through Palm Beach county moves very well.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...