cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two Questions

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me the name of the new campground that opened this year on the beach between Tecoman and Manzanillo? Question #2 is... has anyone stayed here? If so what did you think????
JerBear
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison
4 REPLIES 4

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The RV parking at MARUATA is fine. It's not recommended to troll a nice pickup or toad however. Las Penas is QUIET. Caleta de Campos is flakier than a nine arm gypsy. Still safe in Playa Azul.

The rurales and autodefensas were burned out of the coast area and with them went the petty independent ratones. Even La Tuta found it too hot to handle. He ran like a rabbit to the state of Colima. Reputed to be in Manzanillo and Cihuatlan.

Three trips the full length of this road, from Cerro de Ortega to Zihuatanejo in the last three months. Mex 200 is as quiet as it's ever been although the indigenous of the X villages are looking for cartelero scalps and their faithful police and government minions.

CoconutzRVPark
Explorer
Explorer
Hola Amigos! This is Steve one of the owners of Coconutz. Actually we have 5 RV hookups. One is a temporary one we call the back-in site on the website. It will be gone when we complete the 4 pull-through sites in phase II. Other phases include a palapa top for the observation deck and pool. Still have a little construction on the bathroom which is starting again this week. Tile work etc. Got a lot more landscape plantings and new rail fence surrounding the perimeter last week. I think most of your questions might be answered on the website but let us know if you any more questions. Come on Down! www.travcotravels.com or on facebook Coconutz RV Park - Cuyutlan, Colima, Mexico.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
It's Coconutz at Cuyutlan! At this point in time I would give them a A for effort! A wee bit too exposed for our taste,but certainly clean and there is potential for a small RV Park. If My count was right there was a total of 4 RVPads . Very Clean Washrooms with an observation deck on the roof!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Jerry & Paula,

Pete & Linda asked me about that the other day. It is called Coconutz and it is in Cuyutlan on the beach. Here is part of the email I sent them...........B

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27976858.cfm

https://www.facebook.com/CoconutzRVPark Lots of pictures etc.

http://travcotravels.com/

http://travcotravels.com/coconutz-rv-park/ This one has rates and availability.

+52 313 137 5717
+52 376 766 5337 ??

#31 Calle Veracruz
coconutzrvpark@gmail.com ??

Their photos show them 7 blocks up right on the beach. On google maps you can see the pad that's on the corner of the lot where the MH is pictured on the blog.

More like 18.919076 -104.072298 GPS Coordinates: N 18 55 8.64 W104 4 20.98 or 18.9190667 -104.0724944
If you use Google Earth you can find it one there.

Okay I finally got signed in. Yes we are in Cuyutlan and yes we are on the beach. If anyone can help me fix the Facebook map it would GREATLY be apprecaited. I listed our address as #64 Veracruz, Cuyutlan, Colima, Mexico. Well Bling decided to put in Veracruz Mexico!! on the Gulf coast. I was able to move the pin on a giant map and got close to our location but not accurate but only blocks away.

Nice to see the discussion. Please let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully we will be open very soon and with our limited spaces have to figure out how to keep spaces for travelers. Limit the number of days? We would have to charge more? We want to make this park a place people will enjoy visiting and make regular stop, a travelers park.

Steve and George

I believe the correct GPS Coordinates for Coconutz RV Park in Cuyutlรกn, Colima, Mexico are:

Latitude 18ยฐ55'8.64"N Longitude 104ยฐ 4'20.98"W

Detonarรก el turismo con la construcciรณn de รกreas de descanso de casas rodantes de extranjeros

5 noviembre, 2014
Luis Rosales Chรกvez|COLIMANOTICIAS

Armerรญa, Col.- Francisco Javier Aguirre Santillรกn, presidente de la Junta Municipal de Cuyutlรกn, anunciรณ que una inversiรณn extranjera podrรญa detonar favorablemente el turismo en este balneario, se trata de un รกrea de descanso o estacionamiento de las llamadas โ€œtrailasโ€ o casas rodantes.

Una pareja de extranjeros llegaron a Cuyutlรกn para construir este espacio a algunos metros de la zona de playa โ€œel objetivo es que por ejemplo en tiempo decembrino lleguen mรกs turistas y puedan parar aquรญ, porque ya contarรญan con todos los servicios como agua y drenajeโ€.

Destacรณ que este servicio lo estaban buscando desde hace tiempo, por lo que va a ser buen punto para atraer mรกs turismo extranjero โ€œel beneficio para ellos es que no tienen que andar quedรกndose en la calle, ahรญ tendrรกn todos los servicios para conectarse al drenaje directamente y estar mรกs tranquilosโ€.

De los inversionistas dijo que son dos personas extranjeros que tenรญan residencia en el Estado de Jalisco, โ€œllegaron hace dos meses con ese proyecto y estรกn trabajando, todavรญa no tenemos la capacidad que abarcarรก porque estรก en proceso la obra, que ademรกs se estรก haciendo con gente de la comunidad, son maestros albaรฑiles de Cuyutlรกnโ€.

Se espera que los primeros vacacionistas puedan llegar en diciembre a esta parada de servicio, con lo que piensan, habrรก mรกs ingresos a la comunidad: โ€œle van a dar un poco mรกs de empuje al turismo, a generar movimiento econรณmico, serรญa un paradero especial para โ€œtrailasโ€ que tendrรกn tambiรฉn su alumbrado, todo van a tener en este sitio ubicado a una cuadra antes de la playa, es una gran idea que va a generar mรกs derrama econรณmicaโ€.

Francisco Javier Aguirre Santillan, president of the Municipal Board Cuyutlรกn announced that a foreign investment could favorably detonate tourism in this resort, it is a rest area or parking calls "trailas" or RVs.
A couple of foreigners came to Cuyutlรกn to build this space a few meters from the beach area "the objective is that for example in decembrinas time and can bring more tourists stop here, because we count with all amenities like water and sewer."
He stressed that this service were searching for a while, so it will be a good point to attract more foreign tourists "The benefit to them is that they have to walk staying on the street, there will have all the services to connect to drain directly and be more relaxed. "
Of investors said that two foreigners who were resident in the State of Jalisco, "came two months ago with this project and are working, yet we are not able to cover because it is in the process of work, which also is being done community people are Cuyutlรกn master masons. "
It is expected that the first vacationers can arrive in December this service stop with what they think, the more revenue to the community: "I will give a little push to tourism, generate economic movement, it would be a special whereabouts for "you trailas" also have their lighting, everything will have on this site located one block before the beach, it's a great idea that will generate more economic benefit ".

http://mexicomike.com/rv-parks/colima/coconutz-cuyutlan-colima.html
Coconutz RV Park - Cuyutlan, Colima

Coconutz RV Park supplies a "missing link" in the Mexico RV Park world with the only RV park in Colima state. Until now, the stretch of Mexico's Pacific coast below Melaque and Barra de Navidad to Zihuatanejo was "park-less." No more. George and Steve will open the only RV park in the state of Colima - Coconutz in Cuyutlan (the correct spelling with the accent is Cuyutlรกn, but for search visibility dropped the accent). Their plan is to open in November, 2014. They will start small, with 4 sites (I am unclear if these first 4 RV sites will have full hookups or not), followed by 4 more with bath and shower facilities and full hookups. Be sure to check with their website before you make plans, if indeed you are the type that plans. We all know that plans in Mexico sometimes take longer than expected.

For clarity's sake, there may still be an eclectic RV campground at one of the Michoacรกn beach towns between here and Zihuatanejo, but it is not recommended to dally on this route.

There are many Mexicos and all kinds of people enjoy the kind of Mexico experience that suits them best. The owners of Coconutz RV Park are frank (not to be confused with George and Steve, there is no one named Frank, just frank talk) about what to expect at Cuyutlan, Colima.

From their website / blog: "This is just a sleepy little beach front village. Very laid back. If you want a tourist destination, then head towards Puerto Vallarta. If you want to chill out on the beach, enjoy the sound of the surf, and a cold beverage, in a village of very friendly and welcoming people, with no high pressure timeshare salesmen, and no โ€œbarkersโ€ on every corner trying to sell you a fishing trip, boat ride, parasail, etc. then come on down.

The beach here is โ€œblack sandโ€ from volcanic rock. The Colima volcano is just a few miles from here."

So, if the road less traveled appeals to you, Coconutz RV Park in Colima state is probably on your way there, wherever there is.