cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Us 27 in Georgia

stillwandering
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever traveled us 27 from the Florida line north thru Georgia? If so what did you think about it.
6 REPLIES 6

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Heading north the key is to get to Newnan; south it's Rome.

CGs are Chattahoochee Bend SP, John Tanner CG (county), Little Tallapoosa CG (county) and Harvest Moon RVP (Adairsville).
-jbh-

stillwandering
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I was mainly wanting to avoid Atlanta plus some different scenery.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, several times. It's a nice mostly leisurely drive. Be sure to take the bypass around Columbus. I also take off at Rome over to I-75 at Calhoun, then at Dalton take the Dalton Bypass/Cleveland Highway and avoid the Chattanooga area entirely.
-jbh-

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iโ€™ve traveled:most of it. I live in Newnan, which is probably the middle of it. Not a bad drive at all, but in south GA there is not much,
Iโ€™d consider grabbing the interstate from Columbus to Newnan. The interstate is very light traffic, and mostly new pavement, and is an easy stretch,
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
I like it in south Georgia, from Columbus south. Middle Georgia part isn't to bad, but LaGrange and Carrollton don't have a bypass. Good from I-20 up to Rome. I don't take it north of Rome, take GA-53 over to I-75 at Calhoun. In fact most of the time we will take the interstate to Columbus going south. We just early enough to get thru Atlanta before the rush.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope but sounds like a great drive!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad