cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch for this rig in Mexico but do not approach

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
2 bodies believed (not confirmed yet) to be those of James & Michelle butler have been found in Texas. There are reports that their RV was spotted being driven into Mexico ( a Texas Crossing) by someone else. Its is a 2018 silver chev pickup pulling a Cedar Creek trailer. New Hampshire plates. T533534. If you spot this rig DO NOT approach anyone, and call the police in Texas 365-595-8500 and try to report it to the nearest mexican police station as well.

20 REPLIES 20

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
We boondock exclusively. We always take as many precautions as we can. I, personally, would not boondock within 200 miles of the Mexico border. To me it is not worth the risk...

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
A number of years ago there was an announcement in the Kino community that a couple who were heading to Mexico were missing. No one here had seen them. A few days later the story unfolded. This elderly couple crossed late in the day. They saw another RV parked on the side of the road somewhere between Nogales and HMO. Figured it was safe and parked for the night. The other RV was occupied by 2 couples that had robbed a bank in the USA. Texas I think. They killed the couple and stole their RV and credit cards. The RV was spotted at Costco in HMO. The killers headed to San Carlos in some other vehicle and tried to use the credit card. Store owner called the police and the rest is history. Moral of this story is that sometimes you don't have to be worried about cartels. Rather it can be a fellow American ( or Canadian) that can be dangerous. Also do not just park for the night on the side of the road.

Moisheh

Talleyho69
It's incredibly sad, but unfortunately probably a statement of the way life is.

It needs to stop!

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Very sad. I know we're RVing to relax and have a good time but be careful out their folks, especially if you decide to go off into a seclude area you're not very familiar with.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
News article
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
TY for posting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad