cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who were they?

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday while traveling South on Hwy 19 near Nogales we were passed (we were pulling a trailer) by a caravan of 6-7 old Ambulances & Airport buses headed South. They were marked with a Rotary Club sticker on the door with Canadian & Mexico flag decals. Plates were from Alberta. Any idea who they were?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA
6 REPLIES 6

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
We even saw an Older Fire Truck from Grande Prarie rushing to a Fire once in Mazatlan! It still had the Original GP Logos!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
moisheh wrote:
There are many Fire departments and ambulance services that donate old equipment to Mexico. Many are from AZ. I think they cannot use units in some states beyond a certain age. Mexico has special regulations where these vehicles can be imported with no taxes or duties.

Moisheh

X2
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
There are many Fire departments and ambulance services that donate old equipment to Mexico. Many are from AZ. I think they cannot use units in some states beyond a certain age. Mexico has special regulations where these vehicles can be imported with no taxes or duties.

Moisheh

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
When I was in Mazamitla, I noticed all the fire engines had been donated from Canada.

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
The Highway to Mexico project involves the collection of donated used Ambulances and busses, and delivery of vehicles (buses, ambulances, fire trucks) and firefighting equipment to Mazatlan, Mexico and the surrounding region. The Rotary Club of Edson along with the 3 Grande Prairie Rotary Clubs have donated 61 vehicles since the start of the project in 2002.
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W