cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2023 North Carolina Camping Destinations

Ruthless
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for campgrounds/resorts in North Carolina that I haven't visited to visit in 2023. What are some North Carolina campgrounds/resorts that you've visited in the past?
7 REPLIES 7

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I'm arriving early April. I was considering heading south a few weeks to let it warm up, but the coast might be nice around that time of year. I may do that before I head back into the mountains.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
We live in Wilmington, great place to visit - 3 beaches, 20 breweries, TONS of great local food. There's also Emerald Isle and Beaufort, Pretty places although less to do socially. But you didn't really say what you were looking for.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Down by the river in Linville, Red Gate in Hendersonville, probably some others.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ruthless wrote:
I'm looking for campgrounds/resorts in North Carolina that I haven't visited to visit in 2023. What are some North Carolina campgrounds/resorts that you've visited in the past?

It would help us if you told us what area(s) of the state and which ones you have visited.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have seen it a couple of times and wanted to stay but have not yet. River's Edge Mountain RV Resort. On US 74 west of Murphy NC. Looks great and on the side of a nice stream where fishing is allowed (I understand)
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest any of the state and private campgrounds on the OUTER BANKS.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Grapefull Sisters in Tabor city. It's about 20 miles north of Myrtle. We really enjoy this one. Pride CG in Maggie Valley. Bear Creek at I-40 and I-26 in Asheville.