cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Antelope Lake (CA)

JT
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone camped at Long Point campground on Antelope Lake in Plumas NF (south of Susanville, CA)? Planning a mid-June trip to the area, and would appreciate any personal experience reports; thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We have a few favorite sites along the shore where we can bring our boat for some nice fishin. Fishin in the morning and evenings, and swimming in between. What happens here, and other FS Campgrounds in our area, is that the retired folks will reserve different sites for the entire summer - the best ones, and run their generators daily to keep their batteries topped off. We go to relax, they go to fish. BTW, not all sites there are reservable. Enjoy the trip.

JT
Explorer
Explorer
I made a reservation at Long Point (15) because it looked like the campground was already filling up, and I didn't want to get out there on the planned date and be out of luck. So, I guess it is what it is! It's good to know that it's a pleasant campground, and I hope the generators will not be too near me! ๐Ÿ˜„ Any other comments welcome, and thanks for the information already provided!

shakyjay
Explorer
Explorer
It has been a number of years since I have been up there but it is a nice lake. When I had a boat I went there several times. Never camped at the lake itself though. Did some tent camping with my son a couple of times along a couple of the creeks there. As I recall the road does have a bit of a steep stretch.
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2004 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel
1999 Dodge 1500 5.9L Gas

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. We have camped here many times. What specifics do you have questions about? Generally, it's a great place to get away and enjoy the great outdoors - if our neighbors would turn off their generators a little more often.