cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ANWR Drilling Stopped

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
I may not be able to go camping there with my RV but it is still in my bucket list of place to see (or go tent. camping).

It might not happen but sure glad to know it will be kept in it's pristine condition.

ANWR Drillling Blocked
64 REPLIES 64

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Grodyman wrote:
Reisender wrote:
RV daytrader wrote:
Problem is....no matter how much the United State cuts back on emissions, the biggest polluters are Russia, China ,India and they wont stop. So our sacrifice will not do much at all.

Nope. By Capita, which is the only fair way to do it, The US, Australia and Canada are the pigs of the planet. I think Austrailia has moved into "the lead" now.

How many trees died to bring us this chart??

None, it's electronic you know?:S:B

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
cptqueeg wrote:
ANWAR leases drew almost no bids. There was no interest shown by any of the major oil companies to drill In ANWAR and the government new that in advance. The sale was a poor attempt to say "eff you" to a bunch of people, and give a gift to the oil industry. To sell at a time when it would have brought the very least return to the American public was an epic failure. And the current admin had nothing to do with any of that.

And the oil/drilling exploration companies have many unused leases.

You are right, it's a play to keep the political base cheering too aside from an "off you" to the opposition and the environmentalists.

In fact, there are many pumps that are being capped for global oversupply.

Seems the beginning of the end too for the oil industry. The biggest of 'em all, Exxon lost $20.1 billion this quarter. They have to up the prices to recoup losses and stem the tide -- then blame the government for taxes or something.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
ANWAR leases drew almost no bids. There was no interest shown by any of the major oil companies to drill In ANWAR and the government new that in advance. The sale was a poor attempt to say "eff you" to a bunch of people, and give a gift to the oil industry. To sell at a time when it would have brought the very least return to the American public was an epic failure. And the current admin had nothing to do with any of that.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
c.traveler2 wrote:
Reisender

Unfortunately your chart is misleading since it is basis against the USA. There are other countries that rated worst than the United States at 16.06 tons/capita. Saudi Arabia at 16.99 tons/ capita, Mongolia at 20.31 tons/capita, Australia a/capitat 16.31 tons and Kazakhstan at 16.92 tons/capita. Now that's mades 4 countries with higher tons than the USA.

Source: Our World in Data base on the Global Carbon Project, Gapminder and the UN. 2019

Yah. Could be. I just know my country (Canada) is one of the pigs of the planet and Iโ€™m happy to see our government finally taking steps to improving things. I donโ€™t know much about climate or climate change but I do like clean air. I am a huge fan of a healthy petro chemical industry as we make so many things from petroleum products. But I think we need to stop burning it wherever possible. And if we do have to burn it for awhile yet letโ€™s burn it as clean as we can. And we need to work towards subsidizing it less. And if we insist on subsidizing it then put the same subsidees into its competitors like hydro, storage, wind, solar, thermal.

Personally every one we know who buys an EV buys it primarily for reasons like

Better performance
Convenience
They like high tech
Some are long range commuters who save a ton of money driving EV.
Quiet
No more stinky garages
Low maintenance.

But I also think air quality in cities will get considerably better once EVโ€™s are a majority. We travel a lot in Europe and cities with no tail pipe zones have notably cleaner air.

In my opinion any car company that doesnโ€™t get on board real fast with EV development will be either gone or absorbed. The driving experience of an EV is plain and simply superior to anything with a tail pipe. And that is what will decide it. The charging infrastructure is just a matter of time. Look how far itโ€™s come in just the last 5 years since we bought our first EV. There were 8 fast charger locations in the province. Now there are over a 170 locations with probably 500 stalls or more.

It will take a while for 1/2 tons and such to catch up yet but itโ€™s not far away. One ton duallys maybe another decade.

Anyway. All JMHO of course. .

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Reisender

Unfortunately your chart is misleading since it is basis against the USA. There are other countries that rated worst than the United States at 16.06 tons/capita. Saudi Arabia at 16.99 tons/ capita, Mongolia at 20.31 tons/capita, Australia a/capitat 16.31 tons and Kazakhstan at 16.92 tons/capita. Now that's mades 4 countries with higher tons than the USA.

Source: Our World in Data base on the Global Carbon Project, Gapminder and the UN. 2019
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
RV daytrader wrote:
Problem is....no matter how much the United State cuts back on emissions, the biggest polluters are Russia, China ,India and they wont stop. So our sacrifice will not do much at all.

Nope. By Capita, which is the only fair way to do it, The US, Australia and Canada are the pigs of the planet. I think Austrailia has moved into "the lead" now.

How many trees died to bring us this chart??
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
"Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., warned Tuesday that President Biden's sweeping executive orders related to the industrial energy sector will be detrimental to both the nation and his home state. "They are going to gut Louisiana like a fish. His war on oil and gas is going to hurt America. It is going to destroy our energy independence."

"Here is President Biden's new energy policy: We are not going to produce our own oil. Instead, we are going to buy oil from countries that hate us so they will have more money to buy weapons to try to kill us."

Kennedy remarked that Democrats like Biden have turned green energy and "climate change" into a religion, and the president is "sucking it up like a Hoover Deluxe."

"It's immeasurably foolish," Kennedy went on. "Most Americans support an all-of-the-above energy policy: Oil, gas, wind, solar, nuclear, geothermal, hydrogen. But they also understand that we can't run the greatest economy in all of human history without oil and gas."

ROFLMAO.........................

The class clown John Kennedy, not related to the venerable. namesake, strikes again.

This time he was absent on current events class.

Otherwise, he would have known that his own idol and messiah, have grabbed-credit and told everyone who. cares to listen that we are no longer oil dependent, since six years ago anyways.

And the only reason we are still refining Saudi oil and still putting our own soldiers in harms way guarding the Gulf oil shipping lanes is because no one can cross those oil lobby to. invest to retrofit for purely domestic crude.

Nobody sheds a tear for LA. The state can continue to get tax money from the Northern and Coastal states that they hate so much and continue to elect this buffoon.

You make no sense at all. TDS is strong with you and it has nothing to do with anything quoted. If you ever visit LA you just might have your ass handed to you.

I can't understand why you have to bring a half-assed clown politicians into this but I'll play.

LA and your politicians may know my ass, but I don't think they know other body parts. His state is the last in education.

And while. we're at it complaining about other states letting his pet Keyssttone pipeline pass, then, maybe, he can find a way for his state to earn enough to their own upkeep and not be dependent on the Northern and Coastal states' taxes.

Here is whereof I speak. John Kennedy's (not related to venerable namesake) state got $11,103. per capital for spending when it only paid $7,318 each in taxes.

And that dumb clown probably don't even realize that his state can get their crude delivered by ship being by the Gulf of Mexico.:h :S

Pot - meet kettle
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
"Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., warned Tuesday that President Biden's sweeping executive orders related to the industrial energy sector will be detrimental to both the nation and his home state. "They are going to gut Louisiana like a fish. His war on oil and gas is going to hurt America. It is going to destroy our energy independence."

"Here is President Biden's new energy policy: We are not going to produce our own oil. Instead, we are going to buy oil from countries that hate us so they will have more money to buy weapons to try to kill us."

Kennedy remarked that Democrats like Biden have turned green energy and "climate change" into a religion, and the president is "sucking it up like a Hoover Deluxe."

"It's immeasurably foolish," Kennedy went on. "Most Americans support an all-of-the-above energy policy: Oil, gas, wind, solar, nuclear, geothermal, hydrogen. But they also understand that we can't run the greatest economy in all of human history without oil and gas."

The class clown John Kennedy, not related to the venerable. namesake, strikes again.

Otherwise, he would have known that his own idol and messiah, have grabbed-credit and told everyone who. cares to listen that we are no longer oil dependent, since six years ago anyways.

And the only reason we are still refining Saudi oil and still putting our own soldiers in harms way guarding the Gulf oil shipping lanes is because no one can cross those oil lobby to. invest to retrofit for purely domestic crude.

Nobody sheds a tear for LA. The state can continue to get tax money from the Northern and Coastal states that they hate so much and continue to elect this buffoon.

You make no sense at all. TDS is strong with you and it has nothing to do with anything quoted. If you ever visit LA you just might have your ass handed to you.

I can't understand why you have to bring a half-assed clown politicians into this but I'll play.

LA and your politicians may know my ass, but I don't think they know other body parts. His state is the last in education.

And while. we're at it complaining about other states letting his pet Keyssttone pipeline pass, then, maybe, he can find a way for his state to earn enough to their own upkeep and not be dependent on the Northern and Coastal states' taxes.

Here is whereof I speak. John Kennedy's (not related to venerable namesake) state got $11,103. per capital for spending when it only paid $7,318 each in taxes.

And that dumb clown probably don't even realize that his state can get their crude delivered by ship being by the Gulf of Mexico.:h :S

GDS-3950BH wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:

I need a like button :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Typical fear mongering. Sorry LA won't be able to refine Canada's Alberta Sands oil via Keystone XL and then ship it offshore. CA can figure out another way to bring it to market - like their own pipelines at their own risk.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
And he is right.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Personally I don't think it's worth risking Bristol Bay and Pebble was just the first mine, there surely would be more.

"Because of the estimated 10 billion tons of mining waste that must be permanently stored in the area, which is an active earthquake zone, and Rio Tinto's environmental track record, which is seen as poor by many environmental advocacy groups, fears have been raised about the potential impact on the Bristol Bay area and its wildlife and residents. In April 2003, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency issued an assessment of the impact of the proposed mining operations on fisheries, wildlife, and native Alaska tribes. Between 2014 and May 2017, Pebble sued the EPA several times. The company argued the EPA unfairly assumed the scope of the mine before it formally filed mining plans. Northern Dynasty Minerals LLC. accused the government agency of colluding with anti-mine activists to reach its conclusions"