cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BIG surprise at Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores AL

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that may have made a reservation at Gulf State Park before Octoberish of last year...this is for you.

It seems that Gulf decided to change their reservation policies from first come first served to assigning you to a loop. This i s a big change, and they did it without notifying me...hopefully I was just the one guy they forgot.

Normally...this time of year...you can pull in on a Monday and get about anything you want including lakefront.

Well...they had us assigned in the puckerbrush and would not be able to give us lakefront the whole trip!

Fortunately, the manager and staff are very helpful and they were able to work something out that worked for us. Seems like the change was made at the Montgomery level. Long ride for me to get here and get that type of story.

Anyway....if this is all news to you, you may want to call before you go!
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W
2 REPLIES 2

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
NHIrish wrote:

Anyway....if this is all news to you, you may want to call before you go!

We always do call to check on weather and last minute conditions. It also affirms we're still coming and to make sure of everything is as we planned it. Several times over the years we would find a park had flooded and they were unable to contact everyone. No one's fault, just one of life's vagaries so it was good that we called.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
This is why I prefer site specific reservation systems
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)