cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bluewater Lake Camping

TheWB
Explorer
Explorer
What I hate is making reservations for camping only to find out that there was a better way. Case in point. Brantley Lake and (NM) and Belmorhea (TX). Both state parks. Both reasonably priced. We go camping there and find out there are way better spots to camp outside the parks for free or cheaper! Around the same lakes. Just the opposite side.

So I was wondering if it's the same for Bluewater Lake in New Mexico. Looking at Google maps I can see on the other side of the lake from the state park with what appears to be dirt roads leading to the lakefront. Anyone been there?
3 REPLIES 3

TheWB
Explorer
Explorer
wxtoad wrote:
Bluewater Lake SP, along with many other New Mexico state parks, offers remote camping sites away from the primary developed campgrounds. At Bluewater Lake you'll find an area called Los Tusas, where you can park anywhere you like for $4 a night....or for free if you purchase the NM annual parks pass (highly recommended and it pays for itself in less than three weeks).

Don't forget all the boondocking possibilities out west on BLM and USFS lands. Pretty much all free.

WxToad
Thanks so much for the information! Love your blog. I'll be spending some solid time looking at it. And the link to the Ultimate CG site is awesome. Bought the app already. So many remote locations around me I had no idea existed.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Bluewater Lake SP, along with many other New Mexico state parks, offers remote camping sites away from the primary developed campgrounds. At Bluewater Lake you'll find an area called Los Tusas, where you can park anywhere you like for $4 a night....or for free if you purchase the NM annual parks pass (highly recommended and it pays for itself in less than three weeks).

Don't forget all the boondocking possibilities out west on BLM and USFS lands. Pretty much all free.

WxToad
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect this is a problem of the old "Grass is always greener" thing.:R
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"