cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buckhorne Campground Clifton Forge, Va

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
We had 4 nights at Douthat State park reserved & decided to leave one day prior & wife made a 1 night reservation at Buckhorne. Well we have decided to stay here at Buckhorne all 5 nights. Nothing against douthat (wP 16) but this place is quiet. It is $33 (which includes tax) , full hook ups, 50 amp, level pull thru site. They will be having live music tonight & the ice cream place was packed last night & probably so tonight.

Nothing here to do with kids (5 miles away from Douthat) so don't expect fancy stuff. Just quiet, easy in & hook up & wifi is pretty good. No TVreception & cable box things they have do not work. Super nice folks.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
4 REPLIES 4

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
zackyboy3rs wrote:
We had 4 nights at Douthat State park reserved & decided to leave one day prior & wife made a 1 night reservation at Buckhorne. Well we have decided to stay here at Buckhorne all 5 nights. Nothing against douthat (wP 16) but this place is quiet. It is $33 (which includes tax) , full hook ups, 50 amp, level pull thru site. They will be having live music tonight & the ice cream place was packed last night & probably so tonight.

Nothing here to do with kids (5 miles away from Douthat) so don't expect fancy stuff. Just quiet, easy in & hook up & wifi is pretty good. No TVreception & cable box things they have do not work. Super nice folks.

We camp a lot at Douthat. Prefer White Oak during the summer when lake is open to swimming and Whispering Pines in the spring and fall. Been to the ice cream store at Buckhorne. Don't think I would stay there over Douthat unless the FHU was the deciding factor. Small and no pool. If it had a pool we would stay there. ARe you in the pull through on the side of the store. That is the best spot to get.

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
How is the water? Last (and only) time we were there it was nasty, as were the bathrooms. Believe it was before Douthat opened the new loop.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they had 50a/FHU/PT sites.

They don't have many & I believe they are fairly new. Last time I was here was 7-8 years ago & did not have them then.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they had 50a/FHU/PT sites.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!