cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground near I-29 in MN, SD, NE or IA

3wheel
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling down I-29 and are looking for a place to stop for the night. There are plenty of campgrounds, but are there any unique campgrounds near I-29 in Minnesota, South Dakota, Iowa or Nebraska that we should consider?

Thanks for your input,
Me, DW, DS, DWoof1, DWoof2
150 Super Crew 3.5L EcoBoost 3.55 towing a
2013 Jayco X20E with E2 Hitch
6 REPLIES 6

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
There is an exceptionally nice county campground just off I29 at the Salix exit south of Sioux City. It sits on an old oxbow of the Missouri River.
View Here.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
What would you consider unique?? Most that I've been in have a road or two or more, grassy, gravelly or paved sites, with or without picnic tables and hookups and with or without an office store, laundry facility, pool, stream, lake or ocean and kiddie equipment. Unique to me were the few equestrian cgs I've been to. Maybe a two level cg? Are you looking for cg uniqueness or an interesting area? Maybe a bit of definition to what you would find unique would help get you more answers?
www.putt10.net

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Look up Pipestone National Monument in Mn.

Yes, we made a very pleasant afternoon stop there, but did not stay overnight. Very interesting history.

John_Burke
Explorer
Explorer
Look up Pipestone National Monument in Mn.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
I 29 does not go into Minnesota but rather hugs the border nothing unique on our side.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Maybe too far off your route, but we enjoyed staying at Country Campground in Detroit Lakes, MN.

We also stayed at Indian Cave State Park in NE.