cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cedar Key, Florida

MSFSnTEXAS
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone offer some thoughts about whether an 18 hour drive from Austin, TX to Cedar Key, FL would be worth the trip? I've been to the Florida Keys several times and love the place ... but just too long of a drive with the 5th wheel for a 2 week trip.

Cedar Keys looks interesting. Any input on things to do at Cedar Keys is appreciated.
16 REPLIES 16

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
Fishing, eating and drinking seem to be the main activities there IMO. It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't drive 18 hours to get there. The panhandle beaches would be a lot more fun.

Yep, I agree....not a lot goes on there. A drive by would probably be better, IF in the area but not 18 hours.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Fishing, eating and drinking seem to be the main activities there IMO. It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't drive 18 hours to get there. The panhandle beaches would be a lot more fun.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)