cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Colorado Dude Ranch

AlCar
Explorer
Explorer
Just back from a 10 week trip to Alaska and planning ahead for next summer. This time we will be staying in the states of Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas. While in Colorado, we want to do one week at a Dude Ranch (it is on my bucket list) and was wondering if anybody has done this and what do you recommend.
4 REPLIES 4

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dude/Guest Ranches here in Colorado are as varied as our terrain! You can find them in the high mountain areas, in the foothills, and also on the plains. Amenities can also be varied, as well as price.
Some of the Dude/Guest Ranches have been highly rated by Michelin, TripAdvisor and Travel+Leisure.

Here's a few resources that might be of assistance to you:

ColoradoRanch.com

DudeRanch.com
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

jrp
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't stayed as a guest, but in my early years in Co I worked at several, part time in the activities dept, leading ATV/Jeep rides and kayak/raft trips down local rivers. There are over 24 ranches that belong to the Co Guest Ranch Assoc, and they are as varied as the state of Co. Some are 5 star luxury ranches with private rooms, some are working ranches with bunk houses. prices range from $2000 to $4000 per person per week. Just like finding the "best" RV, its a matter of matching your expectations, needs, wants & budget to whats available. My only recommendation is do your homework first, read their websites & brochures and talk to them on the phone. Know what you expect & want from your stay before choosing a ranch.

AlCar wrote:
Just back from a 10 week trip to Alaska and planning ahead for next summer. This time we will be staying in the states of Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas. While in Colorado, we want to do one week at a Dude Ranch (it is on my bucket list) and was wondering if anybody has done this and what do you recommend.
Jim

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to five different Guest Ranches and enjoyed all but one. Make sure the emphasis is on what YOU want and you will enjoy them. Some only have 20-25 guests a week; others maybe 75-80. Do you like fishing, riding, hiking, photography, square dancing, or relaxing? Check out the menus and make sure you are comfortable with the style of food (delicious hearty meals or fru-fru stuff). Will you be "stuck" there or are there other places to visit while there? Lots of factors to consider. Cost is not always indicative of "value". Our favorite was a small, family-run ranch that was inexpensive but had nice clean cabins, great horses, good fishing, and good homestyle cooking. They also had adults only weeks....therefore NO crying kids.

kevinbti
Explorer
Explorer
stayed here with my daughter Expensive but as a single dad it was nice they had the activities all lined up and I did not have to worry about cooking I am not to picking so take for what its worth

http://www.clazyu.com/